Grand Cayman advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd have to suggest Reef Resort as well for a Honeymoon. They have decent prices as well. Quieter and nice beach. Can dive with Ocean Frontiers. Cobalt Coast is very nice but tends to be expensive. Check both out and go for the best deal. Reef Resort has a beach where Cobalt Coast does not.

I was on Grande Cayman 2002 and had a blast, that is where I fell in love with my fiance and we are now to marry on an island. Our first thought was Grande Cayman for the Diving is out of this World and I would go back in a heartbeat. We stayed at Suset house as well, and I will agree with Yazmeens input. There are opportunites to do stuff for Non-divers like the Stingray City. That was BLAST! The grande old house (www.grandoldhouse.com) is the most Romantic spot on a dinner for two! We did however decide on our Destination and we chose Curacao, due to our Wedding Date being September 6th, we were afraid we might be in the midst of storms and did not want that. Curacao is out of the Hurricane belt and I hear the Diving is awesome too. The wedding waiting period is 3 days and we are fine with that, some islands have a residency rule and will want you to be on the island for a certain amout of time. I know that Grande Cayman doens't have that at all. Boniare is 7 day!! Seven Mile Beach does have great places to stay and to do a wedding too is beautiful. I have had many friends do this, my fiance and I are 27 and 29 and we just decided this will be less stress than the traditional wedding. We chose Curacao for 2 reasons, one because the diving is to be awesome and two because we wanted to be on a new adventure and a new island. We are marrying at the Breezes Resort (All Inclusive) and they a have a dive shop there as well Called "Ocean Encounters" I would recomment reading Ted J's trip reports and see for yourself the great things Curacao has to offer. Breezes will book a free wedding if you stay with them longer than 4 nights, so not only do I have have an island wedding we are also getting the wedding for free. Please note some islands require birth certificates and passport information 3 month ahead of time, Curacao did so we have sent our info already. www.breezes.com is the official site, but I wouldn't book thru that, get on Google and search for individual tour operator ( do a search like this - inexpensive travel deals to Curacao Breezes, or other Breezes locations like the Bahama's) or how ever you want to word it with where you want to stay, that away you get great finds and great deal. My fiance and I are doing 9 days w/ air, Ocean Front, All Inclusive and free wedding for around 3,000.00 that's a great deal. My parents and friends are coming to be witnesses and Dive as well, as we are dive buddys. If you have any questions please respond as I wil be glad to help you out. Good luck I promise and Island Destination wedding is an awesome way to go!

Yissak

"Live it while you Can"

imjeri2:
My son wants to dive and is getting married this fall ( late Oct) I want to send them somewhere down that way for honeymoon - any ideas on this please?? Need to know where to book them into - and would like most cost effective places. Heard marriott isn't all it is claimed to be ?? Is Cayman's best place to send them for the diving and the money????? I have a budget!! HELP appreciated!!

Caymen is great diving- bit expensive. Cozumel has lots of great sites and price range. I perfer Presendente and dive with Scuba Du.
There are plenty of hotel choices and the diving is great. I we have made the trip 15 times and was never disapointed. They will have no problem with food at Presidente's.

Back
Top Bottom