Gralmarine Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a point for comparison, Focus 2 goes for just over 2000-2200 CAD + 13% tax in Canada. I paid 1200 CAD for the GralMarine including 22% VAT.
Yes focus is abouth the same over here.

if i buy gralmarine i will be considered as an international sale although they could ship it anywhere in europe for a small fee.... then have that someone in europe ship it to me . A bit tedious. But itll probably come up less than 1200 cad in my doorstep hmmmm

Yes focus is abouth the same over here.

if i buy gralmarine i will be considered as an international sale although they could ship it anywhere in europe for a small fee.... then have that someone in europe ship it to me . A bit tedious. But itll probably come up less than 1200 cad in my doorstep hmmmm
If you were to buy the GralMarine light, you could possibly buy just the Focus 2 light head with an e/o connection in the future and have the best of both worlds! The GralMarine heat regulator with e/o connector cost me 300 CAD and a plain e/o cord is probably less.

Hmmmm t
If you were to buy the GralMarine light, you could possibly buy just the Focus 2 light head with an e/o connection in the future and have the best of both worlds! The GralMarine heat regulator with e/o connector cost me 300 CAD and a plain e/o cord is probably less.

Hmmmm thats an idea... so after gralmarine get the focus2.0 in e/o cord.
But what do i need the heat regulator with e/o cord for?

Hmmmm t

Hmmmm thats an idea... so after gralmarine get the focus2.0 in e/o cord.
But what do i need the heat regulator with e/o cord for?
You don’t NEED the regulator unless you use a heated vest/under-suit. I think it could be used with a different light-head (like focus 2) as well to adjust brightness.

My point was that if the regulator with cord was 300 CAD then just a an e/o cord to use different light-heads with should cost even less.

My point was that if the regulator with cord was 300 CAD then just a an e/o cord to use different light-heads with should cost even less.

doesnt the focus 2.0 have e/o cord version?

doesnt the focus 2.0 have e/o cord version?
Yes it does. That way you can switch light heads (even underwater) or use their battery packs for heat. The GralMarine e/o cord for the battery pack (without the heat regulator) costs about 150 CAD. The Halcyon version is permanently attached to the battery and probably costs double.

I'd be curious what kind of issues you might run into attempting to ship Li-ion batteries internationally. Anyone know if this is possible? It was my understanding that these had to personally accompany the traveller in carry on luggage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd be curious what kind of issues you might run into attempting to ship Li-ion batteries internationally. Anyone know if this is possible? It was my understanding that these had to personally accompany the traveller in carry on luggage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Good question, not sure. I do know that local dealers in Canada are selling other brands of Polish lights with Li-ion batts and I doubt they bring them over in person. Might have to come over by boat if they can’t fly in cargo.

O
ohhh... this is another problem

isnt there a standard on flying batteries? Limitations etc?

Back
Top Bottom