Gralmarine Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody have experience with this.? Corded? Non corded?

id like a primary thats narrow beam. For signalling and for wreck. Not cave. No caves nearby.

how to order? Direct from poland?

I have the 3XML-2, I'm very pleased with this. Good for signaling, and also good light outside of the spot. I mostly use it on the 30% setting, and 100% when needing to see far in good viz.
I use it for both deep wrecks, ow and caves/mines.
I have both the 23ah battery and the 10ah battery, but I almost exclusively use the small one.
I bought mine at local dealers, but I think Gralmarine will sell you one directly.

Hi
I have the 3XML-2, I'm very pleased with this. Good for signaling, and also good light outside of the spot. I mostly use it on the 30% setting, and 100% when needing to see far in good viz.
I use it for both deep wrecks, ow and caves/mines.
I have both the 23ah battery and the 10ah battery, but I almost exclusively use the small one.
I bought mine at local dealers, but I think Gralmarine will sell you one directly.
thanks for the reply...

I inquired directly with gralmarine. I just took up gue fundamentals. And for their style of diving needs narrow beams. I was offered by gralmarine the 18wand the 3Xml-2

how is the 18w and the 3xlm-2 compared to say a halcyon focus2? I also saw some pix og gralmarine as having a large overspill. Will this be a problem in signalling? Team diving etc?

im concerned that light out of the spot would hurt the eyes of team mate when in face to face drills.
For the battery small one is 6.8 ah right? I was thinking of this battery or the 10ah. Can you upgrade later on? Or have 2 batteries?

I mostly use the 10ah battery. Yes you can buy a bigger/smaller battery later, easy to switch.

Don't worry about hurting your buddy with your light, the light isn't blinding unless you put the spot in their eyes. And that hurts from most lights.

I have dived with people using focus/focus2, but personally I don't like the beam(and no spill) that tight.
I haven't seen the 18w, so can't compare. A couple of buddies have the GL7 and that is way too wide for me, but it's nice when the buddies lights up something from another angle :)

I mostly use the 10ah battery. Yes you can buy a bigger/smaller battery later, easy to switch.

Don't worry about hurting your buddy with your light, the light isn't blinding unless you put the spot in their eyes. And that hurts from most lights.

I have dived with people using focus/focus2, but personally I don't like the beam(and no spill) that tight.
I haven't seen the 18w, so can't compare. A couple of buddies have the GL7 and that is way too wide for me, but it's nice when the buddies lights up something from another angle :)
Ah ok its nice to know the spill light is not blinding

yes focus 2.0 has no spill.

but how is the center beam of gral compared to focus 2?
Gl7 on paper is like a video light

I have the 3XML with the 13.6Ah pack, lasts about 3 hours on 100%. In caves it’s amazing and much brighter than the Focus 2, has a halo but a solid hot spot for signalling. In low vis in the great lakes it can scatter too much on high so I use it on the low or medium setting which is plenty for signalling, although the Focus 2 does punch better through murky water. For the money it’s a much better value than Halcyon and the battery can be swapped with other lights or for heating easily with an adaptor. If you dive only in wrecks and the vis is not usually great the Halcyon may be a better choice though.

I have the 3XML with the 13.6Ah pack, lasts about 3 hours on 100%. In caves it’s amazing and much brighter than the Focus 2, has a halo but a solid hot spot for signalling. In low vis in the great lakes it can scatter too much on high so I use it on the low or medium setting which is plenty for signalling, although the Focus 2 does punch better through murky water. For the money it’s a much better value than Halcyon and the battery can be swapped with other lights or for heating easily with an adaptor. If you dive only in wrecks and the vis is not usually great the Halcyon may be a better choice though.
Hi thanks for the reply...

say you put it at 50% or 30% will the spot beam be still stronger than the focus2.0?
I dont dive caves.... yet.
For wrecks will be doing it but no penetration.

i see you.re from canada, how and where did you buy yours?

how do you switch 100% to the lower power i cant see any switches.
Focus2 is great but 3xml looks shorter? And the focus honestly i dont like the on and off switch

So batteries can be swapped? How does it work? Is the cord attachment well made?
So say can i have 2 batteries? Or buy a small one for now and when the need arises buy the bigger later?

Hi thanks for the reply...

say you put it at 50% or 30% will the spot beam be still stronger than the focus2.0?
I dont dive caves.... yet.
For wrecks will be doing it but no penetration.

i see you.re from canada, how and where did you buy yours?

how do you switch 100% to the lower power i cant see any switches.
Focus2 is great but 3xml looks shorter? And the focus honestly i dont like the on and off switch
I think at 50% it’s similar to Focus. I had my parents buy it in Poland and bring it back to Canada but they will ship directly I believe. The switch is a magnetic ring that you twist on then half twist and back to change intensity.

So batteries can be swapped? How does it work? Is the cord attachment well made?
So say can i have 2 batteries? Or buy a small one for now and when the need arises buy the bigger later?
The light cords screw in/out of the canister. All but the 6Ah batteries have two attachments so you can run a light and heating off one battery. There is a heating regulator attachment with e/o fitting so you can attach another light (even Focus 2 head with e/o fitting).

Back
Top Bottom