Gps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayuba is really loosely run...I've been with them for just a few months and I don't see any cliques or politics. I guess they are doing something right! No newsletter, no minutes, but it is nice that we meet once a month at the same time so that we can get to know one another better for planning more dives or trips, or swapping phone numbers, it's painless, we meet at a dive shop (and get two free fills for attending, can't beat that with a stick!) it gives it the momentum to keep it going. I find they are very kind and patient with new kayak divers and new divers in general. Great group, glad I found 'em!

I also belong to one of the largest traditional dive clubs in the country, and it is full of all that baloney that you mention. Since joining ScubaBoard and Kayuba, I barely dive with my other club anymore...I'm thinking of dropping out after 26 years of membership.

You don't have to do a fundraiser...I only mentioned it because I think it's nice that they do that. If you want to do a good thing for the community you could just as soon have a reef cleanup, or maybe volunteer to be water support for a triathlon.

I think you guys should do it!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom