GPS coordinates for the Carthaginian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot:
Anyone have them? Anyone willing to share them :wink:

Mahalo, Tim

Wish I did but, I would love to go dive it when I'm there in Nov. I don't know if my friend can dive it yet (newly cert) but, she leaves on the 16th. I've got some dives planned with Prodiver on the 17th in the morning but, if you want to find a way to get out to the Carthanginian I would love to tag along.

Wonder how the life is blooming around there?

Scooter dive maybe?

With an X-Scooter it would be perfect :wink:

With the Scooters around here, that the shops rent, I hear they will get you out but you have to tow them back - it's a 30 - 60 min. round trip depending on the scooter (or 200 minute with some lol)

I hear it has attracted a lot of life already.

I may end up diving it from a boat the first time, so I can get the coordinates myself... I just hate the idea of paying $150 to have someone drive me 1/2 mile...

Aloha, Tim

P.S. drop me a PM just before you get here and we'll see about doing some diving together - glad you're friend got certified too.

You might try getting in touch with Gilligan. I believe he has been on the wreck once or twice.

Another idea might be to go to Lahaina Harbor and talk to the crew of the Nautilus (I think that is the one who goes to the wreck). I am sure they would have the coordinates.

Go out to the harbor and talk with the guys at Lahaina Divers. I bet if you strike up a conversation with one of them outside the shop they'd be more than willing to share. :wink:

I'd love to dive the wreck too, but paying so much just rubs me the wrong way for now. Might suck it up eventually, but for now I'll wait.

I had a friend that was asst. manager at Lahaina Divers... unfortunately he moved about a week before they started making the run out there :(

Thanks for the ideas.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom