Got wet in Maui….

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kirsch:
Greetings!
My wife and I are booked to go to Maui April 8 ('06), and scheduled to do our Advanced Open Water Cert. with B&B on Mon/Tue (April 10/11) .
We bought the plane tix way back in August, and couldn't possibly know what the conditions would be without a crystal ball!
One of you mentioned the "Chocolate Milk"...I was afraid that might happen from all this runnoff, or perhaps an algae bloom (or a sewer spill!)
Can someone on Maui keep us posted as to the current conditions this week?
I heard that the downpour has tapered off, how long do you think it'll take to clear out?
Oh well, I guess we'll mostly be doing skills anyway, and the underwater navigation will be extra usefull in zero vis!
Molokini is cool, we've only ever snorkled there, if that's where we end up, I wouldn't complain!
Thanks for any info!

Hey Kirsch,

I'll probably see you on Monday the 10th as I am scheduled to be with B&B that day finishing up my DM - see you there :D

Aloha, Tim

We got back late last night from Maui and I'd say you have nothing to worry about with the viz. The only site we couldn't do was first Cathedral on Lanai due to silt, but everything else was good. Everyone got back out to Lanai this week, and we dove a couple of sites on south shore where viz was always better than 30'.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

Back
Top Bottom