Got TTL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasea recently came out with a SB 800 housing too:

http://www.fantasea.com/product_details.asp?id=92

I have an acquaintance (sp?) using a housed SB800 for macro. It is working well for him. I have read on WP where people are trying to rig up dual SB 800's but are having a tough time getting the 2nd to fire properly (read TTL :wink: )

Dave

dbh:
Fantasea recently came out with a SB 800 housing too:

http://www.fantasea.com/product_details.asp?id=92

I have an acquaintance (sp?) using a housed SB800 for macro. It is working well for him. I have read on WP where people are trying to rig up dual SB 800's but are having a tough time getting the 2nd to fire properly (read TTL :wink: )

Dave

Unfortunately the housing is almost as much as an UW strobe (in fact more in some cases), and more then the dern SB800.

I just went the the site, and it says it uses a 5 pin Nikonos cord?? How in the hell is that going to work with iTTL? Maybe it could, but it does not sound right? Multiple flash support? If they are not using Nikon TTL cords, I can't begin to know if the iTTL will work. Nikon has a multi iTTL cord, and I know it does work.

f3nikon:
I think I gave you enough rope to hang yourself as well! :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

First point…ol Ron has never used his Nikon DSLR and the Nikon SB-800 flash UNDERWATER!....Bla..bla...bla, you can read the rest from the original post...
You never give up with this nonsense do you? I'm starting to think you are a troll.

The WP thread made sense, IN 2004! There was little or no DSLR flash TTL support when the thread was started.

Including threads that discuss iTTL, dTTL, and film TTL are useful, but I'm not sure of your point? Very good, you can use Google.

At least I USE a DSLR both topside, and UW. My example of TTL images topside just indicates that iTTL works. If you want proof it works UW, why not look at someone like Dennis because I don't use iTTL UW. I WILL as soon as I buy a strobe that supports iTTL UW. If you think that Ike iTTL is somehow magic, I'd love to hear that explaination. I'm not sure if it uses preflash or not, but my guess, yes. Why would it not?

The reason that manufactures use a controller is because they don't want to put the iTTL circuitry in EVERY flash. That way they can sell a Nikon controller, and a Canon controller, and a Oly controller, and ALL the flashes are the same, and can be used for ANY system! This reduces the cost of the flash units, and makes the flash compatable with all their systems much like using SCA modules in Metz flashes. You are truely clueless, so why post rubbish.

You could learn a lot here if you chose to open you mind rather than continue to beat a dead horse. :deadhorse:

So maybe you would like to give us a detailed explaination of how Ikelite has implemented their iTTL and eTTL systems?

What exactly is your issue? If you don't like iTTL, than don't use it, or should I say buy it as you can't use something you don't own. You seem like some fanatic that is never satisfied until everyone agree's with YOUR opinion. Unfortunately your understanding of these systems is so poor it's laughable.:shakehead

You point at an outdated thread to support your outdated conclusions. You say that iTTL is a brick wall because it does not work like film. When we shoot that down, you say, well it does not work UW. Well that has already been disproven, where are you going to go next? The thing that I wonder is why do you care? You don't use a DSLR, and from what I've seen you many not even own a camera?

BTW where are all these images you shoot? Who cares if you shoot only film, ever heard of a scanner? Costco will scan your 35mm slides for next to nothing if you have not figured out how to attach a USB cable to a computer.

You also say you have an OLY 8080, so where are some images from that?

I'm tired of your talk, lets see some images! If they all suck, maybe you could ask for help.

And what is this, ohh wait there is more crap. If you HAVE anything worth saying, say it! What, you gotta go Google for a few hours to try and find some shred of internet support for your dribble?

Ron, tell us how you REALLY feel! Love the dead horse beater. I think we need to get some gloves and you and f3 can go a few rounds underwater. We'll shoot it in manual flash and iTTL and see which one produces the better images.

Larry C:
. We'll shoot it in manual flash and iTTL and see which one produces the better images.
:rofl3: :rofl3:

Wow.....and the Photography forums used to be such peaceful, friendly places.....:eyebrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom