Got TTL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bandit_TX:
I take it that my pictures look right, the best test there is, and I don't have to bracket the shots to get there. Wide angle works fine if there is a backdrop (reef). It doesn't work for blue water, of course it doesn't work very well on blue sky either. And changing aperature isn't always what you want. Sometimes wide open to reduce depth of field is what you want, then what? I guess you shoot a manual flash on land too.

And thats all that counts, if you think your pictures look right. Yes, in your case you need not bracket at all. I have yet to see any comments about opening up the aperture to blur out the background for U/W shooting (actually Chris Newbert suggested this on one of his clases). Some how most if not all new and older U/W photographers are stuck in this max. depth of field Nikonos mode. Yes I do use manual flash, metered by a Minolta flashmeter for my stuido equipment and aperture control on the portables.

Why don't you post yours, or are you just a know it all that never shoots digital underwater at all? Why not post over at digitaldiver.net of wetpixel.com where the serious photographers hang out, or have they already banned you?

bandit_TX:
Why don't you post yours, or are you just a know it all that never shoots digital underwater at all? Why not post over at digitaldiver.net of wetpixel.com where the serious photographers hang out, or have they already banned you?

Yea.. what Bandit Said! Seems to be a pattern with you f3 :D

I would like to see your work and learn from it.. I too shoot manual a lot, but there is DEFINITELY a place for other methods and TTL.

The OP seems to have quite a vendetta against TTL. I'm in Bali and have been shooting both for macro and manual for WA. I would like to see some examples as Bandit pointed out.

Just checking back for a few examples but none yet I see.

Anyway, my opinion is mixed. I have been using TTL and trying without for macro and both seem to give good results if you have your strobes positioned properly. So do you need TTL to get good shots? No, but it doesn't hurt if you don't have the time to fool around with manual.

Dennis, stop fooling around... back to the photoshop dungeon...! j/k

we're anxiously waiting for your latest Bali pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom