got an african PM...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the scammers who contacted me on Myspace - just before leaving for a model shoot in Paris - saw me on Yahoo today, IMed, and I had time to bait the hook. An exerpt from the chat...
don: where are ya?
anguskelly4real: am in paris now
don: ok - I remember now. what time there?
anguskelly4real: it 2pm now
don: Its about 2pm in Paris Texas. Should be almost 8 or 9 in Paris France.
There was no response....??

You sure that wasn't Paris, TX DandyDon? :D

slingshot:
You sure that wasn't Paris, TX DandyDon? :D
That's what I asked "her." But then, I don't really believe anything in IMs, or ever believe it's a Her until I see "her" on a $40 Logitech web cam. Lots of various scammers out there.

I told one "Nigerian lady" that I had traced her Computer and emails to orginating in the US and she had 24 hours to get on web cam and prove he was indeed "she," that all transcrips were being forwarded to FBI. She didnt say much after that. Totally blocked her.

I try to be a gentleman to everyone, even more so to somone in a less deveoped country, but I'm posting notice on Myspace - no commuications accepted from Nigeria, no exceptions. That'll slow them down anyway.

This nice guy approach, give them a benefit of the doubt, true spiritual ethics, is all a lot of work...

BTW, in case you missed it, the "NA" means the user has been banned :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom