got an african PM...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i just got a PM from a user "mussa" who is now NA... it's one of those scam letters from africa where they ask for your assistance in exchance for a % share of their supposed $$$$$

i don't know if anyone else got one...

i'm not blaming the SB admin, just giving you guys a heads-up that we've got ne'er-do-wells amongst us (and i don't mean he-who-should-no-longer-be-named hehehehe)

Jag

Thanks for reporting this, shugar. Another moderator has already banned the user. Hence, the "NA." :D

I got this as well. And at least this name should not bother you any more. Unless you want to make big $
:D
Mania

Well Jag....with a sig line like:

Mom said there'd be days like this -->
mooner.gif

What do you expect!!! :D

The Moderators around here...............spoilsports!

Kim:
Well Jag....with a sig line like:

Mom said there'd be days like this -->
mooner.gif

What do you expect!!! :D

The Moderators around here...............spoilsports!
@kim: bite me :mooner:

hehehehehe
Jag

shugar:
well i would have bitten but he wanted me to fall in line at immigrations for him!?!? hello!

and for 10% of 6.5million US$? is he nuts?!? i got an email for 20% of 15million... much better deal IMHO

Jag

I responded to one of many that I was receiving regularly about 5 years ago, telling the person that I would go for it if he sent pictures of his wife...mom...etc...and ....you can guess where I went with it....I was pretty rude. And the person actually emailed back, pissed off that I insulted him that way !!. :D So I kept at it for a few more emails. :blinking: (who? Me?)
Someone told me that when people do go for it, they just keep telling you they need $1500 for this, then $500 for that...on and on until you finally give up. I can't believe it's still going on after what?....6 years now?

I've read newspaper stories about the scammers - they actually make good money at it. Lots of suckers. The ones I get are lovely young ladies who say they are stranded in Nigeria and need plane fare back to states, etc. I've kept my losses below $1,000 so far....
:lol:​

Joking - never, ever send money. I am polite at first, but the scams are so similar, doesnt take long to weed them out.

Back
Top Bottom