GoPro Scuba Tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

samfitz17

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Im going spearfishing and diving down in the Abacos soon. I was looking for a good tray for the gopro but couldn't find any. I decided to make one myself. Let me know what you think.

415171_2513141263056_1088880331_32379551_874333402_o.jpg

nice and clean... but any thought on lights?

btw.. y not latch the go pro on the spear itself? i seen lots of video of them mounted on them... and they look pretty good...

looks real similar to mine aside from I used motorcycle grips and AL pipe for handles...I only use the tray if im night diving as I have light mounts on mine....if im spearin I have the gopro mounted to the gun

Im going spearfishing and diving down in the Abacos soon. I was looking for a good tray for the gopro but couldn't find any. I decided to make one myself. Let me know what you think.

View attachment 111374

You are going to be very disappointed with that rig unless you buy an after market flat lens for it. I've been using the one made by MAKO for a while and it has worked well and is like $22 or something. Definitely worth the upgrade.

I made a similar camera mount and have been happy with it.

You are going to be very disappointed with that rig unless you buy an after market flat lens for it. I've been using the one made by MAKO for a while and it has worked well and is like $22 or something. Definitely worth the upgrade.

I made a similar camera mount and have been happy with it.

Hi dumpsterDiver, any chance of getting an address for the MAKO? I would be interested in checking it out to. Thanks.

The mako does a good job of correcting the focus but it does vignette pretty bad in wide angle fov modes. I find the 170fov is generally best for underwater and with the hd2 you can use 170fov in 1080/960/720 and wide photo modes, the drop in fixes limit you to medium fov which in the hd1 is only 1080p 127 mode and the same in the hd2 being the 1080 medium and narrow modes. All other modes will have some pretty bad vignetting in the corners which is why the Blurfix, eyeofmine and the soon to be released gopro version are all much bigger.

The mako does a good job of correcting the focus but it does vignette pretty bad in wide angle fov modes. I find the 170fov is generally best for underwater and with the hd2 you can use 170fov in 1080/960/720 and wide photo modes, the drop in fixes limit you to medium fov which in the hd1 is only 1080p 127 mode and the same in the hd2 being the 1080 medium and narrow modes. All other modes will have some pretty bad vignetting in the corners which is why the Blurfix, eyeofmine and the soon to be released gopro version are all much bigger.

Why do you say it does bad? My video (shot in R-5) seems ok and shows no vignetting on my video???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom