GoPro 11 Settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I appreciate everyone's advice! What about ISO? What do you guys do there? I've watched/read things that recommend 400 as max and others that recommend 1600 as max

If the camera switch to 1600 because it is kind of dark then it will be "grainy". If you use 400 and it gets dark the risk is that your video could be quite dark :wink:. 800 might be a good compromise. Also I would not use white balance : auto. The risk being that the white balance changes during your dive and then the colors change during your video and then even in post production it is not easy to correct.White balance : native (If I remember the word correctly) is better or you put a setting for the white balance but then this setting is for certain depth and color of the water so it will not be perfect for all dives... The best is to learn how to do some post processing with Resolve for instance (it is free and very well done to process colors). It is not that difficult but it takes some time.

for those interested, here are some of my shots from the trip. Socorro might be the greatest week I've ever had, absolutely incredible, never a boring dive. I did 4K, 30FPS, with everything else set to auto.
GPTempDownload(18).jpg
GPTempDownload(100).jpg
GPTempDownload(96).jpg
GPTempDownload(161).jpg
GPTempDownload(71).jpg

Hello all,

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I was curious as to what everyone's gopro settings are, or what everyone's opinions are? I just recently bought the 11 and am leaving for Socorro soon, and am overwhelmed with the conflicting opinions I am finding on YouTube. As of now my settings are:

5.3K 60 FPS
Wide Lens
Hypersmooth: On
10 Bit: On
Bit Rate: High
Shutter: Auto
EV Comp: -0.5
White Balance: Auto
Iso Min: 100
Iso Max: 1600 (This is my biggest concern, as I am hearing that this needs to be lower, but higher in low light. I filmed different videos in 1600 and 800 and to me the 1600 just looks better? Might be different underwater.)
Sharpness: Medium
Color: Natural

So what do you guys think? Will I be getting some good footage with these settings? Thank you!!!
I use similar settings in my GoPro 9, except 4K 60 fps, EV comp 0, Iso Max 800, Sharpness low ( add sharpness in my software), color underwater GoPro.

I use no filter but correct white balance in software.

I found the Backscatter red filter functional to about 25ft. After that it was more of a hindrance in collecting any light. Just another layer.

I never did video lights but imagine that once you add white light (any depth) then a color filter isn’t needed anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom