GoPro 11 Settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Love

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I was curious as to what everyone's gopro settings are, or what everyone's opinions are? I just recently bought the 11 and am leaving for Socorro soon, and am overwhelmed with the conflicting opinions I am finding on YouTube. As of now my settings are:

5.3K 60 FPS
Wide Lens
Hypersmooth: On
10 Bit: On
Bit Rate: High
Shutter: Auto
EV Comp: -0.5
White Balance: Auto
Iso Min: 100
Iso Max: 1600 (This is my biggest concern, as I am hearing that this needs to be lower, but higher in low light. I filmed different videos in 1600 and 800 and to me the 1600 just looks better? Might be different underwater.)
Sharpness: Medium
Color: Natural

So what do you guys think? Will I be getting some good footage with these settings? Thank you!!!

Looking for the same. Backscatter has a good write up but got hero 9 so not sure if it's applicable or not.

Looking for the same. Backscatter has a good write up but got hero 9 so not sure if it's applicable or not.

My understanding is that what is suggested for 9 is good for 11, but I am no expert.

Bring it down to 4K 120fps or 2.7k 240 fps if you want some super slomo shots. 5k anything will eat your SD card and battery up quick.
I agree. I shoot my 11 with 4K at 120fps. When you video the mantas, you are going to want this. You can shoot linear or wide depending on how you want the picture to look. You will want to have your video lights. I found that the Backscatter filter is not needed and can actually hinder the brightness of the video.

You are going to really enjoy Socorro.

You can shoot linear or wide depending on how you want the picture to look.
How do you switch modes underwater? Do you do the backscatter Custom Preset / Secret Menu thing?

How do you switch modes underwater? Do you do the backscatter Custom Preset / Secret Menu thing?
I don't switch modes underwater. Too much effort to do it using buttons. You can use the Backscatter custom preset but you already have it set for the best settings. You can use the super heavy duty hyperboost if you wish. You can use other protune settings but I found leaving white balance to auto is easiest and then post process after. Using EV -0.5 is perfect.

I shoot in Flat for Color as it is the best for editing in post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom