Good snorkeling vest with zero inherent buoyancy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstevens

Toadfish. Splendid is implied but not guaranteed.
Reaction score
I guess it's time to buy snorkeling vests since more and more places in Cozumel require them and the rental or loaner ones are awful. On SI days or when we have guests we like to go to the beach and snorkel, and that's where we run into the need for vests.

I'm buoyant enough as it is that I snorkel with weight, so I really don't want or need anything with neoprene (like the otherwise very nice Scubapro vest). I want something that can be completely emptied of air without too much difficulty. Comfort matters - many of the ones we've been forced to wear chafe at the neck. I also don't want to spend a ton since we're using these only because we must and because we have to buy a family supply. Size and weight don't matter much because they'll be kept on the island.

Any recommendations?

I don't think this is what you are after (not a cheap option) but it is designed for free-diving and has a good reputation (I have never seen one myself but chatted to a guy who uses one). The Freedive Recovery Vest by Terry Maas.

[video]https://youtu.be/4-zYEdnSoK0[/video]

Back
Top Bottom