Good small blunt knife/sheath for harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the DSS one, looks great works great.

Hank,
Think about having a spare knife handy for yourself and/or your buddies in case someone loses their knife. For about $3, pick up a set of 6 IKEA steak knives (http://snipurl.com/puba) and cut/break the blade to match the pics on the Atlantic Underwater website and post #8.

Ralph

i got the DSS steak knife with my BP. i don't even think it is possible for ME to stab myself in the leg with it. seems to be fine for anything you would need.

hank harris:
I have emt shears but am wanting to get a small blunt knife to wear on my harness. Lots of knife choices, but I would love a better sheath setup than the plastic cheaplooking ones most knives come with.

Any brand recommendations for a knife with a secure sheath that fit my Halcyon harness width?

This one is made for us by Deep Sea Supply

DIR KNIFE

Cheers

Just want to jump in again and say "thanks."

some terrific options. your help is much appreciated.

I would recommend AGAINST the Dive Rite. Some of the other options look good.

PerroneFord:
I would recommend AGAINST the Dive Rite. Some of the other options look good.

bad experience? i was thinking of getting that one

The sheath for the Dive Rite is VERY small. Though you can get the tip of the blade in the sheath rather easily, the handle shape prevents it from sliding in smoothly, and it's VERY difficult to do even on land. I've already decided that if I REALLY have to use that knife, its a use once, toss away option. I'll buy something else next time.

thanks... ok... plan 2

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom