Good place to get Certified in Kihei, Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HANDS DOWN WITHOUT A DOUBT KRISB.
Hes done my Openwater, Advanced, and Rescue as well as various specialties. He has also done many of my friends and families certifications and by far exceeds every expectation I've ever had. Awesome customer service and is always extremely safe. Being a fairly new "resident" to maui, I've explored many of the dive options. I usually just call up my bud kris and were off!

There is another option open to you that no one has mentioned yet. Most of the certification agencies have a program where you can do your classroom, study and swimming pool sessions for your certification where you live (i.e. in Merced) and then you can contact an instructor where you want to vacation (i.e. KrisB) who, if they agree to, will take you on your dives to demonstrate your proficentcy with the required skills underwater. It is commonly referred to as getting a referral to complete your certification. That would be my choice because you can get all the non-ocean stuff done before vacation and save more of your vacation time for fun stuff!

There is another option open to you that no one has mentioned yet. Most of the certification agencies have a program where you can do your classroom, study and swimming pool sessions for your certification where you live (i.e. in Merced) and then you can contact an instructor where you want to vacation (i.e. KrisB) who, if they agree to, will take you on your dives to demonstrate your proficentcy with the required skills underwater. It is commonly referred to as getting a referral to complete your certification. That would be my choice because you can get all the non-ocean stuff done before vacation and save more of your vacation time for fun stuff!
Good idea, Muddiver -- I love referrals! So much more fun for everybody...

Here's the thing -- the OP lives on Maui. :D

:rofl3:

I crack myself up!

A 4:00 in the afternoon, after a 9 hour shift, the posts on a thread all start to run together.

:rofl3:

I crack myself up!

A 4:00 in the afternoon, after a 9 hour shift, the posts on a thread all start to run together.

I was going to point out that the OP lived in Maui, but your suggestion is still a good point for those that dont.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom