Good place to get Certified in Kihei, Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
My husband and I have lived in Kihei for nearly 2 years and feel like we're missing out on all the action... We have gone diving a few times on vacation in Mexico and loved it. We have friends coming to visit us in December, they're avid divers, and want us to join them on a few dives. So I guess a couple of questions... Do we even have time to get certified? How long does it take? And is it worth it Or should be just schedule a couple boat dives and go out with a tour group? Or should get certified so we can go out on some shore dives? Anybody have any suggestions as to where to get certified and/or a good dive shop with kamaaina rates? Any help would be great appreciated. Aloha!

It doesn't take very long to get certified. A few hours of class work, and than a few dives to practice some skills. I would definatly recomend getting certified, especially seeing where you live.

I did some certifications with KrisB, scubaboard member and lives in that area, and he was really good with lots of patience.

Second on getting instruction from KrisB!

PM him here to get started.

B & B Scuba in Kihei is wonderful. . . .please check them out, too! maggi

I'd love to take you diving and get you certified -- and depending on your schedule, there should still be plenty of time to do that!

Definitely check out B&B. They have very patient instructors and you get to enjoy Molokini while doing your dives. I was out with a student today with 100+ feet of vis, saw lots of Jacks, the large Barracuda at Reef's end, the 5 baby White tip Reef sharks, and lots more. He had an excellent series of dives and is really doing well in his OW class. Also Dave from B&B can take care of all your shore diving needs. He is a Manta Ray and Humpback Whale magnet. He sees so much stuff I wish I got to dive with him more often! Shaka Doug is another one to consider. He's done thousands of dives off Maui. They should name a dive site after him!

Sean

I'd love to take you diving and get you certified -- and depending on your schedule, there should still be plenty of time to do that!

I'll 3rd the motion for KrisB, awesome instructor and all around nice guy!

As you can see there are lots of good choices for instructors in your area. It seems to me that the Kihei area ops seem to get the most consistant review on the ops working in any area. All those mentioned here have gotten consistant reviews.

I am jealous though, living in that area would be nice.:D I'll just say again that I would highly recomend getting certified, with so many good dive sites to choose from. Just beware that once you do, you'll probably get the bug and forget about most other hobbies. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom