Good Philippine Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for dessert?

ewww

Jag

no they serve more than just dessert there. name was coined after cheesecake factory in the US which also has a full menu. the bbq pork belly is really good. prices there are typical cebuano= good value for money.

i also enjoyed Tong's buffet. all you can eat fresh and baked oysters and other seafood for P125 i think.

would try Aristocrat tonight... never been to any of their branches...

it's a corruption of "shoot to kill"... they give you a pellet gun and make you run around the nearby fields and forest... whatever you kill they can cook up for you...

sometimes you get lucky: deer, wild boar, some chickens... most days: field rats, kalapati... when you get frustrated you can go to jollibee...

my friend honestly thought you were serious :rofl3: that would've been fun! :D

so i'm down with lighthouse, golden cowrie, abuhan, dessert factory and tong's buffet. thanks, guys! can't wait.

We don't have those places in the province.....just awesome home-cooked chow!!! WooHoo!!!

i would not reco SUTUKIL

they serve sea shells there that control crown of thorns.

tsk tsk tsk even pup sharks ....

If you guys havent tried it out yet, Freska (Promenade Mall in Greenhills) serves great Ilonggo food. There are Freska branches at Tiendesitas and somewhere along Katipunan Ave too.

I love pretty much everything they serve and its cool that there's finally an Ilonggo cuisine resto in Manila that serves something other than batchoy and inasal.

My personal favorite is their Managat sa Papillote :)

so i'm down with lighthouse, golden cowrie, abuhan, dessert factory and tong's buffet. thanks, guys! can't wait.
When will you be in Cebu? I'll be there on the 20th and 21st before heading to S. Leyte..

@Armand, you interested going diving on the 21st?

Countryside along Katipunan. Beachhouse in UP Diliman is awesome for the barbeque.

@ Anna:

Average meals cost P120-450 depending where you go and what you order.

Regarding getting your money changed in Canada, there's a Philippine National Bank in Vancouver. I think you can get a global money card from them so you can withdraw money. I'm not too sure on the specific details, but here is they're address in Vancouver:

Suite 101 1245 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6H 1G7
Tel (604) 737-4944
Fax (604) 737-4948
vancouver@pnbrcc.com

PNBRCC Branches - British Columbia
Thanks as always for the info, Chip! I'll look into the money card but since the big expenses will be paid with Visa, I'm thinking I can get away with bringing cash with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom