Good Philippine Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tides in Shangri-la Mactan my favorite.
some of the native resto here in cebu...
Chikaan
Golden Cowrie
Lighthouse
Cafe Laguna

for the adventurous...go to SUTUKIL
if on a budget....there's always a Jollibee somewhere
alright! thanks, armand :D

sutukil sounds exotic. what do they serve there?

it's a corruption of "shoot to kill"... they give you a pellet gun and make you run around the nearby fields and forest... whatever you kill they can cook up for you...

sometimes you get lucky: deer, wild boar, some chickens... most days: field rats, kalapati... when you get frustrated you can go to jollibee...

seriously though: SUgba, TUla, KILaw... you select the fresh fish and they'll cook it according to your desires: grilled, souped or kinilaw... interesting but vastly overrated in my opinion... and the places should invest in some upgrades... masarap nga yung food masyado namang karinderya ang location... not worth the cost of the food IMHO...

Jag

seriously though: SUgba, TUla, KILaw... you select the fresh fish and they'll cook it according to your desires: grilled, souped or kinilaw... interesting but vastly overrated in my opinion... and the places should invest in some upgrades... masarap nga yung food masyado namang karinderya ang location... not worth the cost of the food IMHO...

Jag

agree w/ jag... sutukil is a rip-off.
it's no longer that famous than a decade ago....except for japs/kor tourist and company sponsored meals

agree w/ jag... sutukil is a rip-off.
it's no longer that famous than a decade ago....except for japs/kor tourist and company sponsored meals

yup, stay away from sutukil. too commercialized. lighthouse and golden cowrie are institutions in cebu and in my opinion, serve some of the best filipino food anywhere. another place in cebu would be abuhan on ramos street. try the pochero or pochero steak. its perfect after a night out of drinking and partying. honestly, i've don't think i've ever tried anything else on their menu:D

i've always wanted to try cyma in shangri-la but it's always full. at least now i know what to order when i swing by there. ...i hope they open a branch in trinoma :D

the closest to jonah's milkshakes here is jack's loft. a bit pricier but if you need a quick fix for some wonderful milkshakes, why not?

how about cebu dining, guys? what's a highly recommended resto there? :D

try dessert factory in ayala. aside from great cheesecake, their pork belly and longanisa lasagna are tops!

try not to patronize. they sell giant clams for kinilaw there.

ninja: tridacna gigas and not the PG-centrum variety. :no

dragged Zsolt to Golden Crowie last September. we ordered around 6 dishes and paid only less than Php600. :) :) :) really, really worth the money.

okay, help me out here. im taking my instructor out for dinner tonight and i dunno any nice Filipino resto around Manila (ermita) area.... should i just drag him back to Makati for Sentro?

dragged Zsolt to Golden Crowie last September. we ordered around 6 dishes and paid only less than Php600. :) :) :) really, really worth the money.

okay, help me out here. im taking my instructor out for dinner tonight and i dunno any nice Filipino resto around Manila (ermita) area.... should i just drag him back to Makati for Sentro?
haven't tried ybarra's but it looks good...

kamayan isn't the best but the variety is pretty large

aristocrat... can't beat the classic since 19something-something...

dencios... zee enjoyed that dinner a lot... we paid around 800 i think w/ crispy pata and laing... and bagoong

Jag

oh, dencio's... is there a branch inside Robinson's Place?

Back
Top Bottom