Good Philippine Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whizlil

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

This would be my first post, I hope this thread does not have any duplicates, its hard to think of a topic :D Anyway let me start with my favorites.

Taste of Asia in MOA (You can also buy from the supermarket and let the resto cook for you)
Shrimp Tempura - The best
Calamares
Tahong Soup
Garlic Butter Crab
baked scallop with cheese
I treat most of my foreigner colleague here and they all love it, it is also very cheap.

Highland Steak house and or Gullivers Steak is also good but very expensive (Same Angus Beef but cooked differently)

Cyma in Boracay, Greenbelt3 and Shangrila, very good greek restaurant, the price is average but reservation is nearly impossible. Try their Flaming mangoes and Lava Cake (they call it different there, the name is too hard to remember). Note: order the Lava Cake before you start eating since it would take almost 30minutes to prepare

Contis is also good and the price is average, they have branches in Greenhills (Anapolis I think) and Serendra. You have to go there early since the place is small and the waiting time is quite long. Try they're cake specially the mango bravo, it taste like a mixture or mango cake and sansrival.

When visiting Boracay dont forget to buy shake from Jonas specially they're mango shake. last time we went there we have to buy shake from them every meal. Note: always drink your shake there do not order take out since the container is small.

I haven't tried those restaurants and the food may be great but one thing I've learned in my travels is, eat the local made food because they know how to cook it. When in Thailand, don't order spagetti. When in India, don't order adobo. The best food I've had in the Philippines (which is some of the best I've had anywhere) is in Filipino food restaurants or homes.
When in Iloilo, try Tatoys Seafoods. Or Breakthrough on the beach.

I agree with you :) Maybe I was too accustomed with our local food hehehe.....

Anyway you may also try Jerry's Grill they're first branch is in Subic but we have it on MOA, Eastwood and SM Pampanga but not sure if there is others hehehe. They serve great local food, you may try they're kare kare (Ox tail), Inihaw na pusit (Grilled Squid), Kilawin (Raw tuna cooked in vinegar), Sisig (Pigs head) and Boneless Bangus (Milk Fish) to name a few. A direct competitor to Jerry's is Dencio's Grill but I still prefer Jerry's ^_^

Very timely thread! :wink:

Does anyone have any recommendations for Alona Beach or Dauin? (I'll be staying at the El Dorado.)

Also, what are prices like for an average meal? (I'm hoping to do all my currency exchanging at home, and am currently deciding how much to bring.)

I've heard Toko's at Atlantis is quite good! :D

Not sure that you will be able to get all your currency at home, I think there are limits...someone else should know more

I've heard Toko's at Atlantis is quite good! :D

Not sure that you will be able to get all your currency at home, I think there are limits...someone else should know more

ROFLMMFAO!!!! Ya think?

Countryside along Katipunan. Beachhouse in UP Diliman is awesome for the barbeque.

@ Anna:

Average meals cost P120-450 depending where you go and what you order.

Regarding getting your money changed in Canada, there's a Philippine National Bank in Vancouver. I think you can get a global money card from them so you can withdraw money. I'm not too sure on the specific details, but here is they're address in Vancouver:

Suite 101 1245 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V6H 1G7
Tel (604) 737-4944
Fax (604) 737-4948
vancouver@pnbrcc.com

PNBRCC Branches - British Columbia

Claw Daddy...yum.

Cyma in Boracay, Greenbelt3 and Shangrila, very good greek restaurant, the price is average but reservation is nearly impossible. Try their Flaming mangoes and Lava Cake (they call it different there, the name is too hard to remember). Note: order the Lava Cake before you start eating since it would take almost 30minutes to prepare

When visiting Boracay dont forget to buy shake from Jonas specially they're mango shake. last time we went there we have to buy shake from them every meal. Note: always drink your shake there do not order take out since the container is small.

i've always wanted to try cyma in shangri-la but it's always full. at least now i know what to order when i swing by there. ...i hope they open a branch in trinoma :D

the closest to jonah's milkshakes here is jack's loft. a bit pricier but if you need a quick fix for some wonderful milkshakes, why not?

how about cebu dining, guys? what's a highly recommended resto there? :D

Tides in Shangri-la Mactan my favorite.
some of the native resto here in cebu...
Chikaan
Golden Cowrie
Lighthouse
Cafe Laguna

for the adventurous...go to SUTUKIL
if on a budget....there's always a Jollibee somewhere

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom