Good People

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Force Fin has allowed me to know the coolest Divers like Howard Hall and Jonathan Bird. Force Fins | Worlds Finest Fins for Swimming, Diving, Bellyboating
IMG_1484.jpg

Susanne is still smiling after 50 life times. Amazing really ....and working each day with Robert Flores ( 35 years my personal assistant,) A American dream come true.
Scan_20210331.jpg-fw.jpg
IMG_0881-fw.jpg
to get your orders out on time.

So sad to hear our dear friend Hannes Keller passed on today. I was so proud to have nominate him for his NOGI. Found his note in the Haik log book from our dive together 1977. I was introduced to Hannes from Dick Anderson and Hillary Hauser. I was smart to have him and Hillary sign (fish) and his statement is special " Beautiful trips in several dimensions all going at the same time."
Hannes-Keller.jpg

So sad to hear our dear friend Hannes Keller passed on today.

Very sad new, thank you for posting.

For those that don't know of the constitutions made by Hannes Keller:

Very sad new, thank you for posting.

For those that don't know of the constitutions made by Hannes Keller:

Chris Swann is our very best friend did the cover shot for his book. What times we all had with Hannes at Hillary Hauser home in Santa Barbara, and the next day we went diving together.

Attachments

• Hannes-Keller.jpg
    Hannes-Keller.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 54
Jean Michael Cousteau and I have been friends for so many years now. Long story, but found these fun pictures while I made foot castings for his OPS fins. Will be shortly selling some of these amazing Force fins. I had to lube up his foot before hand with KY jelly. What a laugh......Casting part of my collection and and was smart to have him sign. Watch
cousteau_060923-012-fw.png
cousteau-foot-1.jpg

Not to over look a special mentor and friend NET DOC...miss you pal. All our LOVE for the new year. Thank you for not censoring some of my crazy comments...Got to watch myself sometimes. Susanne and Bob
91026-nogi-dc-045.jpg-fw-1.jpg

I was proud to have nominated Nick Caloyianis for his NOGI in Arts.
After graduating with a degree in Zoology from the University of Maryland in 1973, Nick began his Post-graduate work with Eugenie Clark, Ph.D.. In 1974 he was awarded his first grant to study and film “sleeping” shark behavior with Eugenie off Isla Mujeres, Mexico. There, he worked with, and was mentored by Ramon Bravo, who taught Nick the fundamentals of life underwater. It was here he learned how to film wild pelagic sharks for Hollywood without injury to humans or sharks. These experiences would later inspire Nick in his career as an extraordinary underwater filmmaker.

Over a span of 30 years, Nick's artistry has been honored with numerous awards, including an Oscar and Primetime Emmys. He has directed and produced films for National Geographic and Discovery Channels, has filmed for IMAX and Hollywood screens and still continues to collaborate with marine scientists not only to record their work, but to help them make their groundbreaking discoveries. Also an accomplished underwater photographer, Nick’s still pictures have appeared in over 100 national and international publications. Against many odds, Nick was the first ever to encounter, film and photograph Greenland sharks under Arctic waters, in 1995. Before then, no one had ever thought of documenting these little-known creatures in their Arctic environment; there were only three obscure mentions of greenland sharks found on the web and these referred to dead specimens. His underwater visuals sparked much research in these bizarre creatures.

An avid conservationist, Nick has used his visuals to help in lobbying for protection of sharks, the creation of undersea parks, sanctuaries, and for protective laws (e.g. Ras Mohammed Park in the Red Sea and a seasonal sanctuary for mating nurse sharks in the Dry Tortugas, Florida Keys).

More recently, Nick’s company has been instrumental in raising several million dollars to help (the highly successful Maryland Artificial Reef Initiative) increase marine habitat areas by placement of artificial reefs in waters of Maryland's Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean.

forcefin-152-fw.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom