Good People

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those that don't know the name, he is the Kirby of Kirby Morgan. I discuss him quite a bit in this thread:

His book, Hard Hat Divers Wear Dresses, is a great read.

May be rest in peace.
Bev Morgan and Bob Kirby did so much for me over the past 50 years. I have a collection of images like this one of Bev who allowed me to use his pool to test Force fins. Bet they are both together now talking about so many adventures together. God Bless.
p-44-clean-resized.jpg

Fred Calhoun
NAUI #380
The Boston Globe: CALHOUN, Frederick Ronald Passed away peacefully this past Saturday after a long fight with Leukemia. Fred was a registered professional engineer and avid scuba diver. He has owned and operated a scuba dive shop and a scuba diving school. He had been diving since 1953 and was a diving instructor since 1958 and certified by the National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI).

The 180-foot ledge that Captain Fred Calhoun and CC took us to on Andros. Coming up the wall, with a slow shutter speed with the low light conditions.
uu-13.jpg

Attachments

• uu-16.jpg
    uu-16.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 63
Susanne and I just returned from being with many friends to honor our friend Laddie Handleman. His family put on a cerebration of life at the Santa Barbara Maritime museum. They were so kind to fly Richard C. Williams in from the Big Island and cover his hotel cost. Rick and I reviewed our Mussel Company exhibit up stairs. We were the first to commercial harvest California mussels from the off shore oil platforms. Under the Matching Federal grant we canned many mussels to prove the viability of offshore Aquaculture. 1970's
IMG_3433-fw.jpg
IMG_3477-fw.jpg
IMG_3462-fw.jpg
IMG_3463-fw.jpg

I've already said it, but I say it again, and will keep saying it (maybe it's old age coming, I dunno) : "Bob quit posting here and write a book ! You've so much to tell !"

Are you asking me to Delete my post. ? No problem if so.
No no, I replied in the wrong topic.
I was asking the mods to delete my post.
Reported myself on the error.
I read all your posts Bob.
I had a pair of your Force Fins when they first came out in Australia [ when Megafauna roamed the Earth]. :D
loaned them out and they were never returned, and he was never seen again, the shop I taught from part time gave them to me , the shop owner was not happy when they went missing.
That was a long time ago.

No no, I replied in the wrong topic.
I was asking the mods to delete my post.
Reported myself on the error.
I read all your posts Bob.
I had a pair of your Force Fins when they first came out in Australia [ when Megafauna roamed the Earth]. :D
loaned them out and they were never returned, and he was never seen again, the shop I taught from part time gave them to me , the shop owner was not happy when they went missing.
That was a long time ago.
Ok you all know me and I Might get a little Artist a times....but our home at Ballard locks over the mixing of fresh waters an salt make life special for our project. CHESS+EVANS LLC Thanks Pal, Love Bob
IMG_3333-fw.jpg

As a American visionary I really enjoyed watching this interview. I worked 10 hours if not more to make my dream come true. and I can help this guy save some chargehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFdNAUe6UdI
DSC_0952.jpg-fw.jpg
times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom