Good Honolulu hotel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pickens_46929

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Coming to Honolulu in late November and just found out they tore down the O'Hana hotel where I usually stay in Waikiki.

Any recommendations on a good, inexpensive hotel?

Doesn't have to be in Waikiki... going to do a quick 2-tank dive upon arrival, have a meeting then visit Pearl Harbour before going to the airport the next day.

Thanks in advance!

There are a couple other Ohanas in waikiki, the outrigger on the Reef is nice, ....what $ were you looking at?

The overwhelming majority of your Oahu hotels are going to be in the Wakiki area. Almost all of the non-Wakiki places are the super-expensive resorts like the Marriott Ko'Olina.

There's a couple of places by the airport but you don't really want to stay there as I did for a couple of nights (long story); there is NOTHING in the area that is within walking distance, and you will either get a lovely view of the airport itself, or the elevated highway.

Which O'hana hotel was demolished? I hope it's not the Maile Sky Court, at the "Y" when you enter Waikiki from downtown and the airport. I stayed there for several days back in 2004 and I found it to be a very nice hotel for the price.

I think it was about $80/night for a 2 bed studio with kitchenette. It's not on the beach but a very close walk. Being at the beginning/end of Waikiki it's a bit of a walk to most of Waikiki's shops and attractions, but I didn't mind it.

Maile Scky Court is still there....Most of the Hotels on the piece of Lewers from Kalakaua to the beach were torn down and are being rebuilt.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Waikiki a few weeks ago and it cost $140 per night.
It was clean and comfortable. No complaints.

After that I went diving with Oahu Divers ( Roger & Lisa ) ... Now that was a hoot. Can't wait to do it again.

justleesa:
There are a couple other Ohanas in waikiki, the outrigger on the Reef is nice, ....what $ were you looking at?

$100 to $150... would rather spend money on diving... :D and food :D

my friends stayed at the Marc Suites, paid $100 a night and the room had a small kitchenette...the bathroom was small, but clean and the room was nice.

I just looked up the Aqua Bamboo and they start at $99...we've stayed there in one of their suites....very nice, it was renovated in 2003

Then there is the Waikiki Sand Villa, it is on the Ala Wai....I've heard good stuff from that too.

Very cool... thanks gang!

Wasn't getting notified of the posts on my thread for some reason.

Glad I checked back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom