Good diving: shallow and easy to get to. Is this possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suggest you consider Bonaire although it may not qualify for easy to get to. The shore diving would be very relaxed for you. There are many dive sites that are great at 25'-40'. Also some of the least expensive diving in the Caribbean.

Thnks, trpon - and, yes we are going to Bonaire. just got reservations. It's not that hard to get to, at least for us since we are pretty close to a major airport, and I think we cal all agree that the diving is pretty good. We will do a few boat dives, I think I will get my AOW cert, and it will be warm, and wonderful! Now, to figure out where to stay...

Thanks all, for your suggestions! We will get to all the great places you have suggested - one of the beauties of diving is that you get to do a great activity in some fabulous, beautiful locations.

Liz -- you and I spoke once before. I'm the one who lives nearby (with twins too). Anyway, my kids and family love Puerto Rico -- on the west side: Fajardo/Culebra -- check out Casa Del Mar. None of the dives are deeper than 50feet -- hard bottom; no where for the kids to descend down deep to. Cheap flights to San Juan too from IAD. We're trying to get kids to go to Bonaire this summer -- shoot me a private msg if you want to coordinate families.

Back
Top Bottom