Good Dive light for new GoPro hero 5 Black

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave, I just dove the Chester Poling off of Gloucester and one of the guys had his Gopro Hero 4 Silver using this light, and the video came out pretty darn good! I have not used that light but I saw the video he took and it was very acceptable.

We did a night dive on the Vandenburg last month and I took my Hero 5 and my Gobe 500 lumen light. I suppose I should have thought to drop the red filter beforehand. I didn't get much in the way of good video except a short clip of a barracuda being disoriented by my light and running into me. Something better would definitely be cool to have.

I have a Sea Life Sea Dragon 2,500 lumen light and find it all but useless beyond about 6 feet. I don't think I would even bother with anything less in terms of brightness. YMMV

I have the Sea Life Sea Dragons - get the brightest you can get that is within your budget. I have my GoPro on a tray with the Sea Dragons on flex arms that go far out.

Thanks everyone, Chip, I did see that light on Amazon and its a good price. It looks like there's one company that makes video lights for Shoot, Suptig, and a host of others. I say this because all the lights look the same, at least in the pictures.

In video lights you get what you pay for. The light you linked to has a highest output of 300 lumens it looked like. That would be pretty much of no use on a day dive. Might work for a night dive.

I just purchased Suptig from Amazon, 26.99. I wasn't looking for anything extravagant. I wanted something to take to Roatan next week. I just hope there will be plenty of sunlight there. Unlike here in Connecticut at the moment. Still feels and looks like Fall.

These lights works like a champ. Bigblue Dive Lights
It's an investment compared to the ones discussed just a few posts above this one, but these video light are designed to get the job done.
You can work with one light; however, for better results, 2 of these mounted on a tray is what I would recommend.
Cheers

Bigblue Dive Lights are the only dive lights I use now. Really well made products.

Back
Top Bottom