Good Cozumel write up in Diver Alert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Diver Alert (DAN magazine) has a lot of Mexico write ups in it this month, including Cozumel and the Socorro islands.

There is a Cozumel article that paints a nice picture of the place along with photos and even a good article about SMBs and even a primer on using a reel with one.

If you don't get the magazine, I don't know but there might be an online version if you want to check it out. There is a picture of a dive boat in one place but I couldn't read the name on it to tell who he was diving with. I think he was referring to 'Alex.' But it looks like he did a nice sampling of dive sites.

Just finished reading it and only added to my excitement for my first trip there in less than 2 months!

BTW, I always get a smile seeing your "more cowbell" :) one of my favorite skits on SNL (lol).

Cheers,
John

Yes!! Just read it!!! Good stuff!!!

Yes!! Just read it!!! Good stuff!!!

Not to mention this was the winning photo contest issue. Holy cow, some of the pictures are just stunning!

This one just doesn't seem real it's so amazing.

10578.jpg

Not to mention this was the winning photo contest issue. Holy cow, some of the pictures are just stunning!

This one just doesn't seem real it's so amazing.
Or staged. It's my understanding that octopi don't turn reddish like that unless they're stressed. Not that underwater photographers would ever stress out marine life in order to get a good shot. That would be totally unheard of.

Or staged. It's my understanding that octopi don't turn reddish like that unless they're stressed. Not that underwater photographers would ever stress out marine life in order to get a good shot. That would be totally unheard of.

We hit the tail end of a group once where a photog was prodding a octo in a den with a photo stick and then had to fight him to get it back. If I was a little closer...

We hit the tail end of a group once where a photog was prodding a octo in a den with a photo stick and then had to fight him to get it back. If I was a little closer...
Too bad octopi make better tacos than photogs do.

Back
Top Bottom