Good " CHEAP " whip !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok, Here's a new great find on Ebay, Very well made and does the job... Scuba to Scuba Tank Refill Station Rated at 3660PSI Max | eBay

I'll tell the story that made me buy it... Last week the wife and I were diving at our favorite lake.. Had done 2 dives and she asked if we had air to do a 3rd... I had 5 tanks in the boat... 2 had about 500 psi, one had 800 psi, one still had 1700 psi and the full one had 3200 psi so I said " YEAH, We're good "... So I give her the full tank and I take the 1700 psi tank and we splash... I breathe down my tank to 1000 psi and then go on her octo... I'm dragging her over here and over there looking for stuff.. handing her bottles to hold well I'm filling my dive bag.. I keep checking her SPG and go back on my tank when her tank was at 1200 psi... We finish the dive and get to the boat ladder... First thing out of her mouth was.. " What the hell was that all about??? I thought you said we had enough air !!" I said, " We did honey, You were just carrying 1000 PSI of mine... " She told me not to do that again...

Anyway... I have a setup here at the house to transfer and balance tanks but it's not really handy to drag around and use.. It's a old cheater bar with a extra first stage on it to read pressure... so the tanks need to be really close and it's far from easy to use.. So I'm looking for a whip and found this... If you have been wanting a transfer whip , But not wanting to shell out $ 100 to $ 150 bucks.. This is the cat's meow... Made in the USA, and very fast shipping and workmanship...

Jim...

been using one like this for a few years.... very effective & compact.

---------- Post added August 21st, 2015 at 06:17 PM ----------

though the cost difference begins to vanish if you need DIN... You can use the plugs from pro-valves, or a DIN fill adapter, but at a co$t.

WOW that is an incredible value (assuming it lasts). I use one frequently to equalize tanks, top off pony bottles etc. However, I do not see the value in having a pressure guage on each yoke.. I guess it would be useful if one fails.. but that is really cheap.

WOW that is an incredible value (assuming it lasts). I use one frequently to equalize tanks, top off pony bottles etc. However, I do not see the value in having a pressure guage on each yoke.. I guess it would be useful if one fails.. but that is really cheap.

The guy has a CNC shop and most likely just runs the same program... I guess he could just put a plug in the threaded hole.. But , I'll take the second one at that price.. I just look at my bill, I only payed 35.00 plus 6.75 shipping... It's a very well made whip...

Jim...

---------- Post added August 21st, 2015 at 07:59 PM ----------

O2 clean?

Don't know :confused:... But at that price, I'd just clean it..

Jim...

they are Scuba tank adapters used to fill paint ball and pcp rifles. That is why there is a gauge on each....

Finally got my transfer whip today. I noticed that one end of the hose has a female quick connect fitting, but the other end of the hose has male thread, no quick connect. One yoke reg has a female quick connect which appear to have been sealed with red loctite or a similar permanent thread sealant in the reg and the other has a male quick connect.

Did any of you guys receive this product the same way and if so what did you do to fix it? Is the loctite thread sealant a concern for scuba? I was also a little concerned with the hose. It's a type of hose I've never seen on scuba equipment before.

I put an inquiry into the seller, but I'd like to hear what you guy received and did to fix this. I have a feeling this thing is going to be returned for a refund. Probably should have just bought the $100 whip from DGX. :/

Last edited:
do you guys see this as a good idea for someone who only has two tanks ? One of my thoughts is my dive buddy will be renting tanks as he doesn't have any himself and at the end of the diving day I can transfer all the air from the rental tanks into 1 of mine and possibly save on a refill !

Would that work or am I wrong?

do you guys see this as a good idea for someone who only has two tanks ? One of my thoughts is my dive buddy will be renting tanks as he doesn't have any himself and at the end of the diving day I can transfer all the air from the rental tanks into 1 of mine and possibly save on a refill !

Would that work or am I wrong?
This will only equalize the pressure between the tanks, you can't drain one tank into another with this.

This will only equalize the pressure between the tanks, you can't drain one tank into another with this.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I re-read the story and the above posts and I clearly misunderstood!

edit: is there a way to even fill a scuba tank from another tank?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom