Goliath Grouper Aggregate 2022 - Planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @sheeper

I've been diving in SE FL since 2009, have not heard that. I've tried to get out to the Rankin several times with JDC, best I've done is halfway there.

Do you go out with Stuart Scuba or another operator?
well, as i teach for Stuart Scuba...i do tend to dive there (and a couple of private friends)!
Stuart goes to the Rankin regularly (in fact a trip this week).

Ok looks like Republic VII is a two tank Wreck Trek both days in August and is completely open. MG111 isn't that far away and we could probably talk the captain to go there is the Wreck trek is light.

In September the Saturday 10th Goliath only boat is mostly booked. I talked to JDC to see about having the Republic IV which is currently empty switched over to both Goliath but the lady wouldn't switch it unless we all booked up at once. Sunday the 11th the Republic IV is a double Goliath Dive and is completely open.

So what are everyone's thoughts on the Saturday. We can try another operator, we can all book up all at one, deal with a less fun reef dive?

So what are everyone's thoughts .....
Placing my vote { but I'll follow the group wishes for Sept }

I vote Sunday Sept the 11th.... because..>>>

a) We get all the prime reports from the hoards of Saturday divers then know exactly where they are hiding

b) Less fisherman, less divers, less boats on Sundays cause they all slept in from Saturday so wide open dive sites,,,,,and calmer goliaths from not being chased by saturday paparazzi.

c) All that FREE dive gear from those nubies who dropped stuff on the sand cause they screamed as never seeing a fish so BIG !!

We can do the August day on Saturday and the September day on Sunday. That way people who are busy on one day or another could join.

I'm booked on the Republic IV on Sunday morning 9/11 for the GG double dip.

I have other plans for 8/13-14.

Republic IV on Sunday morning 9/11 for the GG double dip.
Johnoly is also booked on the Republic IV (not the R7 ! ) for Sunday 9/11 at 9am.
Thanks for the heads up on the boat!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom