Going to Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagal49

Registered
Reaction score
I'm headed for Turks and Caicos in May and would like some opinions on the best dive ops/most comfortable boats/best dive sites and any other information you'd like to add. Water temp over Memorial weekend?? Can I dive w/o wetsuit?

Thanks in advance. Good to be here with people who share the love!!

scubagal49:
I'm headed for Turks and Caicos in May and would like some opinions on the best dive ops/most comfortable boats/best dive sites and any other information you'd like to add. Water temp over Memorial weekend?? Can I dive w/o wetsuit?

Thanks in advance. Good to be here with people who share the love!!

Go here and put in Provo for the keyword - you will find tons of discussions about this - assuming of course you are going to Provo and not Grand Turk or whereever. :wink:

There is a chart of avg water temps here.

Whether you can dive without a wetsuit is sort of a personal thing, everyone is different. You will often find people in bathing suits and people in 5mm in the same place/day. I think it is best to wear at least a skin for protection in any event.

Thanks so much...lots of posts with "Provo" keyword. I knew a vet could point me in the right direction!!

I was on Grand Turk about a year ago- the diving was very good. The best part on Grand Turk is the short boat rides, most 15-ish mintues. Not much to do on the island but dive, very little other water sports. I stayed at the south end of the island, that place had burnt down so it's gone. It was the only place I know of that had a nice big beach if front (it was the only resort south of town). Lots of fish life with big and small animal life. If you like diving with short boat rides check out Grand Turk and once done for the day relax because you don't have to worry about the crowds.
Ray

I did the Aggressor II Turks and Caicos last June and had a wonderful time.. my wife and I went three days early and toured the Island and enjoyed snorkling, and just driving around sightseeing.. the Aggressor II is a new and first class boat and we were very pampered.. 25 dives in 5 and a half days.. no current. no surge.. coral gardens and great wall dives.. lots of Caribbean Reef Sharks almost every dive (no chumming, they just showed up when they heard the boat).. I wore a 1mm wet suit for most dives but for the forth or fifth dive I would usually use a 5/3mm suit just for a little extra warmth.. I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did..
cheers,
airplanejockey

we went to T&C last Oct and we did not use a wetsuit. Lots of people did, but the water was incredibly warm when we were there and we just dove in our swimsuits.

My partner and I dove with Caicos Adventures for 4 days and they were awesome!!
They took care of all our gear, set up everything for us, changed our tanks, picked us up and dropped us off at our hotels and had everything ready to go the next morning when we returned. It was truely a treat. I highly recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom