Going to Orlando and...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

350xfire

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
does anyone know of a good dive spot close to Orlando?
I'll only be there a couple of days, but would like to fit in one of those fresh water dives....
Thanks

Head to Ginnie Springs in High Springs, its not too far and well worth the trip if you've never dived it.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Head to Ginnie Springs in High Springs, its not too far and well worth the trip if you've never dived it.

That would be my reccomendation too.

Now if you want deeper and darker, go to Hudson Grotto in Hudson. Not as nice scenery wise but a cool dive none the less.
Chris

See my post, post 4, in this thread.

350xfire:
does anyone know of a good dive spot close to Orlando?
I'll only be there a couple of days, but would like to fit in one of those fresh water dives....
Thanks

I need something close like within 1 hour.... I wish I had more time, but I will only be there 2 full days. Anyone out there interested in diving with me while I'm there? Looks like Monday, May 29th will be the day.
Thanks.

You're going to be hard pressed to find a place to dive that isn't crowded on mothers day. Ginnie as well as Devils Den are sure to be a mad house as well as most of the state parks.

eandiver:
You're going to be hard pressed to find a place to dive that isn't crowded on mothers day. Ginnie as well as Devils Den are sure to be a mad house as well as most of the state parks.

Man, that sucks. I did not realize that was M's Day weekend. May be I'll go Tuesday or just not go at all.....

Don't miss out on the chance, dive it, even if its crowded, if you don't come here often.

350xfire:
I need something close like within 1 hour.... I wish I had more time, but I will only be there 2 full days. Anyone out there interested in diving with me while I'm there? Looks like Monday, May 29th will be the day.
Thanks.

The only place within an hour is Blue Spring in Orange City. You'll need a dive buddy to dive there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom