Going to Occidental Allegro Cozumel (11/27/03). Comments???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went there Novemeber 2002

You might want to think about diving
with Living Underwater or Dive With
Martin instead of Dive Palancar.

This is nothing wrong with the Dive Palancar
operation, but they will not want to go to the better sites and they will will want you to play follow the leader.

I would try to ask for a room away from the water treatment facility on the north side of the property as the smell can be pretty bad.

Sign up early for the Mexican and Italian restaraunts as they are both quite good and book up quickly.

We had a good experience with Dive Palancar. They have lockers down by the dock so you do not have to carry your gear back and forth to the room. They run all their dives as one tank trips so this allows alot of flexibility in scheduling dives especially if you indulge too much in the free margaritas as I did. Also, they had cheap nitrox ($5 a tank) which also helped with the hang overs.

Overall, it is a nice property and I would not hesitate to go back if I could get a good deal.

been to allegro (and dive palancar) a few times and always loved it. found that if you seek out other experienced divers and determine which dm you prefer that they will group you together and get you all on the same boat - this coupled with some gratuities to the dm will ensure that he takes special care of you and you will avoid some of the "cattle" runs with less experienced divers ----just a thought to pass on..

Yea,

I AM JEALOUS !

I was in Coz in May and I am still having withdrawal :)

You will have a great time!

You might want to think about diving
with Living Underwater or Dive With
Martin instead of Dive Palancar.

:D Yeah, We went to cozumal just about 2 weeks ago, we dove with martin. =-) Very proffesional, and we even saw a Cozumal Toad Fish. =-).

Sorry, i don't know much about the hotels, we stayed on a boat.

We stayed at Allegro over Thanksgiving in 2000. Very enjoyable. We dove with Dive Paradise, but were able to use lockers at the hotel. Standing in line to get reservations for the "nice" restaurants was a bit of a drag and if you have a car its awfully tempting to go into town for dinner on occasion (there are a couple of restaurants that do Turkey Dinners on Thanksgiving that I suspect are nicer than the meal at the resort). Its great for breakfast and lunch -- particularly lunch. If you drink after you've finished diving you may want to stick to the beer -- the mixed drinks are pretty watered down! And be sure to spend at least one afternoon lounging around the pool so you can witness the "crazy games" -- and even the silly evening entertainment is fun. Enjoy!!

sdwho

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom