Going to Cozumel, wanna come?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyguy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to be traveling to Cozumel in later October (the 19th - 25th). I found a really great rate at a decent resort (3+ *, all inclusive with an onsite dive shop) that's on for that week only. I was going with a friend but was cancelled on recently and can't find anyone else local to go with.

I'm still going anyhow and don't really mind travelling alone. The single supplement just kills me though. I have no problem spending more money on a better hotel/resort, just probably can't afford a whole lot more if going alone.

So I was wondering if anyone may be interested in sharing accomodations for the week. We can have fun and do stuff together or do our own thing, I'm pretty easy to get along with.

I was planning on diving at least 3 of the days, maybe 5, and doing other watersports such as kayak, jet ski, para sailing, water skiing, etc.

B.T.W, I'm a 26 y/o newbie, just got my certification for this trip. I'm from Canada and the trip is under $1000.00 CAD, double occupancy. During peak season the price goes up to almost $2000. My travel agent said that she can probably get another flight that's not departing from Toronto easily enough.

It's easiest to email me at scott@flyguy.ca if you'd like more info.

Sounds like the biginning of Friday the 13th part 29.

Just Kidding. Would love to but I have a plan for November and have to save time to take vacation. Good Luck!

You're a brave man to throw out an open invitation like that! Good luck.

Do they have any air-only options from Canada? If so you could probably get off cheaper by booking air only then staying at a cheaper hotel. I learned this the hard way...I just got back from a week at Brisas. I stayed as a single and ended up paying aboug $350 more than everyone in the group I was meeting. I thought this was unfair that I should have to pay so much more just because I couldn't find a roommate.

I have since done a lot of research and there are several decent, clean hotels that offer single rates, and some have package deals with dive shops that can be very reasonable and save you a lot of money! If you can find air only rates, I will be happy to send you info on what I found. If not, then my suggestion on finding a roommate would be to check with some of your local dive shops or a dive club to see if they know of anyone. Chances are, someone taking a class might be interested--you just never know who you'll meet when you hang out at a dive shop. Like Tim said, you're a brave guy to post an open invite on an internet board--good luck! :)

Flyguy you must be taking FunJet and heading to the occidental alegro hotel. If thats the one your taking then I'll see you there. I'm planning a 7 day trip leaving on the 24th of October. Im taking my wife, sister, her husband and 3 of her kids. It should be a diving extravaganza! Funjet.com has a great rate right now at about 560 per person for 7 days, all inclusive.

Wow guys it sounds great, makes me long for the water, it seems like this surface interval is never ending ... enjoy

Flyguy you must be taking FunJet and heading to the occidental alegro hotel...... Funjet.com has a great rate right now at about 560 per person for 7 days, all inclusive.

The place I was looking at is very close to there. It's Reef Club Isla. Occidental Alegro looks live a very nice place as well but it didn't look like there was anything available until late November.

I spoke to the gents here at the local dive shops but those going on vacation are going on a live aboard to Belize in November. I want to do other things as well as diving so I'd prefer to be based on land.

Flyguy

Reef Club is a decent place as well. It's a long taxi ride to town though so plan on spending most of your time at RC. If I remember right, RC is AI correct? A buddy of mine in Houston as a time share there and they love it. Have a great trip.

Yes, it's all inclusive. Everything except for motorized water sports.... obviously.

The grounds and rooms look very nice, the eating area looks ok too. I wouldn't mind going somewhere even nicer but availability isn't that great this early in their season and it'll cost me a few hundred more if I end up going myself. I'm not overly worried though because I'll be out doing stuff most of the time. I found a neat ATV adventure that I think I'll go for.

How many kids are there around there? I don't mind children but a lot of the material I've seen has pictures of children and it looks like ages 2-5 are free. I just don't want to go somewhere where there's screaming kids all over the place.

Thanks for you input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom