Going to Cozumel in September will swimsuit and rash guard be enough

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Melanie White

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello we will be in Cozumel in September. In Jamaica I just used a swimsuit and rash guards to protect me from my gear. Will that be enough or do I need a shorty or wet suit?
Thanks

Hello we will be in Cozumel in September. In Jamaica I just used a swimsuit and rash guards to protect me from my gear. Will that be enough or do I need a shorty or wet suit?
Thanks

How warm was the water in Jamaica?
Then look up the average temps for Cozumel in Sept, (google is your friend), and I'll bet you can answer your own question.

If you misjudge, you can always rent.

In September it should be 82 or so in Cozumel based on my search. Worse case Ill find something. Being very large breasted makes shortys and wet suits hard. But could get some shorts or leggings to go with rash guard.

In September it should be 82 or so in Cozumel based on my search. Worse case Ill find something. Being very large breasted makes shortys and wet suits hard. But could get some shorts or leggings to go with rash guard.
I like to wear compression pants...if it's below 77, I'll wear my sharkskin pants....but I always wear a rash guard.

You probably won't need anything for thermal protection (based on what you've posted)...body coverage is up to you. :)

I have been in September twice and both times the water temps are at their peak for the year, typically. 83-85 degrees. Definitely shorts and rash guard temps, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom