Going to Cabo in May...any dive outfit recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PuyallupCoug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'll be heading to Caba San Lucas with my lady in May and I've been reading up as much as I can on some of the dive shops out there.

Does anybody have any recommendations on who to go with, or more importantly, who to stay away from. If you dont feel comfortable naming names, feel free to PM me. I'll be staying at the Villa Des Palmar if that helps as far as location.

My lady doesnt dive but is going to take the resort course so I might join her on her resort dive but I'm also looking to do some other dives without her (as she is not certified)

I was also looking at a dive around cabo where you have to take a 2 hour bus ride to get there and wondered if it was worth it from anybody thats been there.

Thanks everyone!

Hello I have been Diving Cabo for 10 years.In May the Season is just starting for Cabo Pulmo This is the Dive that is a two and a half hour Drive from Cabo as far I know the bus stops on the Highway and will not go all the Way to Cabo Pulmo.When I have gone there With Baja Dive We were picked up at our Hotel at 7.00 am Did a two Tank Dive Had a great Lunch and were droped off back at our Hotel at 4.00pm July to December is the best time to do Cabo Pulmo and Gordo Banks.
The Dives near Cabo like Peligan Rock, Neptunes Finger,No., So., And Middle Walls,Lands End are great Dives I have never seen more species of Tropical Fish and Mirco life as I have seen on these Dives anywhere that I have Dove.
These Dives start at 12 to 15 feet making it a great place to do a first time Dive.Also most of the sea life is at 45 feet.There is aalso great snorkeling at the same spots that the Dive spots so if you have snorkelers bring them and dont forget you camara.
i have Dove with all The shops in Cabo some are OK i go with Baja Dive because I always Get the Same great service. Small groups Big Boat and dives are guided with Instructors. Home

Hello I have been Diving Cabo for 10 years.In May the Season is just starting for Cabo Pulmo This is the Dive that is a two and a half hour Drive from Cabo as far I know the bus stops on the Highway and will not go all the Way to Cabo Pulmo.When I have gone there With Baja Dive We were picked up at our Hotel at 7.00 am Did a two Tank Dive Had a great Lunch and were droped off back at our Hotel at 4.00pm July to December is the best time to do Cabo Pulmo and Gordo Banks.
The Dives near Cabo like Peligan Rock, Neptunes Finger,No., So., And Middle Walls,Lands End are great Dives I have never seen more species of Tropical Fish and Mirco life as I have seen on these Dives anywhere that I have Dove.
These Dives start at 12 to 15 feet making it a great place to do a first time Dive.Also most of the sea life is at 45 feet.There is aalso great snorkeling at the same spots that the Dive spots so if you have snorkelers bring them and dont forget you camara.
i have Dove with all The shops in Cabo some are OK i go with Baja Dive because I always Get the Same great service. Small groups Big Boat and dives are guided with Instructors. Home

What about the water temp currently and the visibility?

I have dove with Underwater Diversions and I can not say enough good things about them. I took my wife and my 11 year old son to Cabo last Thanksgiving to finish their cert in warm water. Underwater Diversions were great to communicate with before our arrival and offered first class service during our stay. Have Fun.

I second Underwater Diversions, great op!

UD is a great op. However, when I have the opportunity, I like to dive with Manta Divers. At least several of their guys were trained by the Israeli Navy ... which means fish to to them for lessons.

E-mail the ops re water temp before you leave. Last August, it was so cold that even in 7mm I got chilled. However, other times I'm too warm in 3mm.

Three weeks ago we did 5 days of diving with Amigos Del Mar and they were great. Kevin the owner and Gary the DM both did a great job and run a good operation. From what I could see of the other dive ops their boat is the best on the water (all of the other dive ops I saw run the divers out to the divesites in a panga).

Baja Dive is a great op with 40 foot boat with lots of shade and with all safty equiptment. Instructors and Dive masters on all trips. Ask to see a full C02 bottle ,first aid kit and Dive Masters Card no matter who you dive with. Baja Dive washed and stored my gear at no extra charge. Home

I am going to San Jose Del Cabo in May (9th-16th) as well. Good to see some recommendations!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom