Going to be in Morehead city soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aigtbootbp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
And was wondering if there is any shore diving opportunities.
Should be either the 21st or 22nd of this month if that a difference.
Thanks!

the only shore diving i know of is radio island. i've not done it, but i think timing the tide is really important. i'll bet either olympus or discovery would be happy to help you get it right.

Baby duck is correct. Radio Island is about the only shore dive going. It is divable on high slack tidefor about an hour. It is a fairly long walk from the parking to the diving and Discovery has a pontoon boat that will at least transport your gear for a minimal price. Here is their info on it:Radio Island

We still have some space on the 21/22nd charter with Olympus, provided you have your AOW.

Please tell me that Olympus isn't running charters to Radio Island :rofl3: I just read it funny, but it did give me a giggle because the OP had asked about shore diving. I wish we had more shore diving options here.

Big John, have you ever been diving off of Radio Island? I have not, but I'm interested in knowing what there is to see there, it would be a good place to use my tanks after an offshore dive, or when I feel like getting wet but don't have the energy for an offshore dive.

It's a fairly shallow dive with a little to see. Some sea whips attached to rocks and a few fish, nicer than the quarry on a good day but I am not sure it's worth the walk. Tide is VERY VERY important, get it wrong and you have some very strong currents sweeping you out to sea and into a very busy boating lane, very bad juju. The biggest problem is the actual dive site is a long walk with full gear from a public parking area so an easy after dive dive it's not.

Back
Top Bottom