Going to Bali in 2 weeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catherine, all I have to say is ..STAY OUT OF MY WAY! :D

catherine96821:
You will be there before I will! I don't go until October!...so YOU file a report for ME!!:D I will be in Ubud a week first. Scuba Seraya looks wonderful. There are a couple great photographers there: Jeff and Dawn Mullins who just sent me their book I ordered: Reef, Wreck and Critters, a visual guide to North East Bali. (I had seen camera reviews of theirs in diving magazines)

Are you going for the photo clinic? My trip to Bunaken was supposed to include a clinic, but that part got cancelled, so I'm thinking about hopping over to Bali for the one at Seraya later in the year. I expect to see Patrick (from Seraya) at ADEX, so I'm going to ask him if there is still space, though I think I would need to register with Mike (or somebody from shootunderwater) instead. I'm such a beginner and photo dunce, but the info site says beginners are warmly welcomed! I have to say that even I was able to achieve some not-too-bad shots during my stay at Seraya, and I would be sure to improve, so the idea is exciting. Unfortunately, I only need to find the time and money....

I dove in Tulamben in late 2003. Diving was not supposed to part of our holiday plan. But diver will always dive if given an opportunity.

Long trip from Nusa Dua but was worth it. The dive was comfortable (I was only OW diver then). Plenty of things to see. Initially book for 2 dives, but added a third dive.

My hubby has been pressing me to plan for BALI dive trip since. Bali is definitely on our list.

I just got back diving with Tauch Tulamben Terminal in Tulamben. They are German owned but the Austrian manager was just leaving to set up another operation for them East of Tulamben and they now have an American Manager. Let's hope he keeps up the same standards as they are fantastic.

Our car was waiting to whisk us from Denpassar Airport directly to Tulamben (a 3 hour drive which passes some great volcanic mountains and rice paddies) and we were immediately given a very nice welcome pack which explained more about their dive sites in Bali (they also run a liveaboard) and quality gift of local soaps and oils ready--wish they would have had these for sale in their gift shop as I could have stocked up on presents!

You can do 5 guided dives a day (including a night dive) and their lodge is literally right in front of the Liberty Wreck. It's like being on a liveaboard in terms of the number of dives, but more comfortable. They even have a message and spa center. If you prefer to dive with just your buddy that's fine tho' they don't allow solo diving. They have Nitrox. The fish are tame so you get good pictures and there are lots of neat critters. I'm coming back to check out the rest of diving in Bali.

Hi guys,

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I noticed that many of you have stayed / plan to stay with the 2 dive resorts above. As such, you're definitely the best pple I can get some advice from.

I'm planning a 5D/4N dive trip to Bali in June and am trying to decide which of the 2 resorts I should book my trip with. In terms of price, the published package prices on the Internet seem comparable. So are there any differences in the way their ops are run? btw, I also find it strange that both resorts don't throw in lunch and dinner as part of the package. I'd really hate to have to worry abt meals after dives... so are full-board packages offered by these resorts?

Any advice you guys have is much appreciated! Thanks!

Dove several sites off Nusa Lembongan in July 2003. Current was strong at times with limited visability but saw some nice pelagics. Thought I caught a glimpse of a Mola Mola but was more likely just a little too much nitrogen after fighting a down current back up ; )

Reefwalker:
Hi Catherine
I don't want to hi-jack this thread, but here are a couple of pics taken on the Liberty recently.

Liberty%20Hold%20.jpg

Soft%20Corals%20-%20Liberty.jpg

Hi Reefwalker,

Nice pics.. can i ask what brand and wmodel of camera are u using? and do u use external strobe? which i love macro.. such as nudibranch...

and i am going to Tulamben next month. can't wait to go..any recommendation on which dive op?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom