Going to Bali in 2 weeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Pinklizard, I have never seen so many different nudibranchs! Did you get any of Liberty wreck? I am going there in October, cannot wait.

Catherine you will enjoy diving at Tulamben for the photo ops. I stayed at Scuba Seraya and absolutely loved it.

best dive site in bali is gili mimpang, imho.. especially during a good current..

action? I saw huge mantas, mola molas, large barracudas, multiple schools of large bumbhead parrotfish, and numerous large sharks last year, not to mention massive schools of thousands of fish.

---------------------
How about action? So far it seems like beautiful corals, macros...I mean large perlargics or schools that comes in tohousands???

AM itching to go...

Hiya to this thread too, i really LOVE my trip to Tulamben....was there 2 weeks ago and enjoyed it so much, I can't wait to get into it again. My favourites are Seraya and drop-off (pygmy seahorses!). And the circling, friendly blacktips everywhere at the coral garden with the ribbon eels as bonuses.

Quero, so happy to hear you say that, cause I suspect you know what you are talking about. Scuba Serya...yes, thats the place we will be!

Ribbon eels? Yay. never seen one.

Yes I have some pictures of the liberty wreck that I have yet to upload and a poor white tip that turned the corner as i was coming out of the wreck. I think he was more shocked than I was.

Look out for the juvie ribbon eels too! I'm a newbie photographer, but that critter hunt in Bali inspired me to start looking at proper equipment. Here's your ribbon!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/548738560/2872736920031094260zhkPmJ

oh, yes, I love those! I have only seen pictures....so I may just have to shove Dennis out of the way unless there are enough to go around. I guess the big shot is sporting two strobes now. I hope my 8" port comes before his.

BTW, those ribbon eels seem to always have their mouths open.

Hey hello Catherine,

do file a report of your trip. I am planning a trip soon probably to Bali as well but in May period.

catherine96821:
Quero, so happy to hear you say that, cause I suspect you know what you are talking about. Scuba Serya...yes, thats the place we will be!

Ribbon eels? Yay. never seen one.

Yes Catherine, please submit a trip report when you go as I am thinking about going to Scuba Seraya in July/August.

Dave

You will be there before I will! I don't go until October!...so YOU file a report for ME!!:D I will be in Ubud a week first. Scuba Seraya looks wonderful. There are a couple great photographers there: Jeff and Dawn Mullins who just sent me their book I ordered: Reef, Wreck and Critters, a visual guide to North East Bali. (I had seen camera reviews of theirs in diving magazines)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom