Going pro with NAUI - Who's done it, or know about it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tfast78

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've already asked all about SSI and now I want to know about NAUI.
My LDS certifies from both agencies.

I'd like to hear from others that have gone pro or looked into going pro through NAUI and hear why you DID or DID NOT choose their agency. I'm meeting next Friday with my LDS to talk with them about which agency will be best for me.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Timothy

Hi Timothy

A note on why I chose NAUI over my other LDS which was PADI.

NAUI in Australia is the least know of the 3 big agencies( PADI, SSI, NAUI), But I went with NAUI because of the freedom that an Instructor has in their teaching. It is much easier to be an independant instructor with NAUI, I know of a guy in New Zealand that runs his dive shop out of his garage!! This can be great for starting up your own business.

NAUI is also the original agency. Hisorically NAUI was the first to do a lot of different types of training, NITROX being one of them.

Cross certification, defitinately helps your employability once you are qualified so if your LDS certifies in both NAUI and SSI, would recommend doing one and then a crossover course 6 months later after you have certified a few students... just something to think about

Hope this helps,

Dave

I choose NAUI years ago to get my instructor cert and have not regretted it. NAUI is one of the easiest agencies to work with if you want to be an independent instructor (SSI you have to be affiliated with a shop) NAUI has good name recognition and presence throughout the world. I have worked with NAUI shops all over the world in my 20 years in the industry. The freedom to add to a course is one of the things that really makes NAUI stand out from the other agencies (IMHO). Given the choice between SSI and NAUI I would go with NAUI.

Back
Top Bottom