Going dry in Open Wter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As DiveGirl said argon is a subjective item to alot of people. My instructor will dive nothing else when doing research dives in 34-38 degree water. I myself have only used it once even tho I've got an argon setup and 13 cuft of it setting right next to me. That was in 46 degree water. I had previously been in 52 with air in the suit and the 46 w/argon was a lot warmer. tho neither was truly uncomfortable. This was based on 3 dives each day in these temps w/air temps between 35 and 50-55 respectively. Both days in my os hd pro with both sets undergarments. As for the leg issue while a good fit is desired I would be a little leery of too tight in this area with undergarments on and no air in the suit. If you don't know what I mean put the suit on, zip er up, squat, vent while squatting, then stand up and see just how tight it can get till you get a little air in the legs. Might have you singing soprano or even falsetto.

JimLap:
As for the leg issue while a good fit is desired I would be a little leery of too tight in this area with undergarments on and no air in the suit. If you don't know what I mean put the suit on, zip er up, squat, vent while squatting, then stand up and see just how tight it can get till you get a little air in the legs. Might have you singing soprano or even falsetto.

I did this test. The legs were ok even after I did the squeeze.

sharkster:
I thought isobaric counter-diffusion was caused when switching from a helium mix to nitrox during ascent.

Don't take my word for it, but I believe it has to do with large swings of inert gases that you mention and being surrounded by a light gas such as helium. From my modest understanding, the helium will diffuse from your suit into your body and increase your helium beyond what the deco model is anticipating/calculating. I will further go out on a limb and say that this *might* be a cause of inner ear bends- vertigo, nausea.

Again, don't take my word for it- I learned how to dive on the internet!

do it easy:
the helium will diffuse from your suit into your body
Cool trick

PerroneFord:
I am generally 3-5 minutes from my planned exit, and doing NDL diving. If I *HAD* to get out, I could probably be out in under 4 minutes with the safety stop or just over a minute without. The springs have walkable exits at the perimiters.
Then I guess your covered. Dive whatever underwear floats your boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom