Go travel vs sports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ladders were the ones where you kept fins on until you got out
Am I the only one that does not like those ladders ? Any swell on the surface they are a pain in the 'you know what'.

Go Spot for me with boots or Aqualung Storm fins with thin socks in warm water.
Both are going on the next trip to the GBR [next week].
The Go Sport fit me well , the Go fins did not feel right [for me].

I tend to get blisters if I don't wear full soles. People look at me funny but I wear 6.5mm full soles in the tropics. Also like more stability getting in and out of the boat.

Same here, full sole sneaker like. I do not like to feel the ladder or rocks or anything on my feet especially bouncy boat.

The answer to the OPs first question is NO. The second, YES.

Are the sports more powerful?
I thought I answered your question:). But I will answer it again :wink:, yes, the Go Sports are considerably more capable of converting your equal efforts into forward thrust than are the Go Travel. They look similar and share some design elements but they are not the same fin at all.

I would edit my other post but I will just make another. My experience with the Go-Travel strictly comes from a pool demo. My LDS lets me in the pool with my camera to play around on occasion when he has clients (for free). I got a call from him so I grabbed my camera and dive bag and got there with no fins. Well, I did not really need any fins but his clients were trying out various fins (to purchase) so I got to try them also. It was then that I discovered the Go-Sport was the most bestus flipper ever!!!!!!! :wink:. And that Go-Travels were like the Aeris Travel fins I had, okay but nothing to Go-on about :wink: and were like having noodles on my legs. They are not bad fins for their intended purpose, a non-serious diver who wants to snorkel and scuba some but is more interested in bar time than diving time. Or maybe the cruise ship crowd. On the other hand, did I say it yet, the Go-Sport is the best all around warm water fin ever. Of course that is an opinion and YRMV. I got some, my wife got some, now several of my regular dive crew has them and nobody is complaining.

I would suggest that SP add about 1.0 inches to the XS and S and on the Large and XL to add a bit of stiffness right at the toe area. I did not say they were perfect, I just said they were the best ever!!!

I would edit my other post but I will just make another. My experience with the Go-Travel strictly comes from a pool demo. My LDS lets me in the pool with my camera to play around on occasion when he has clients (for free). I got a call from him so I grabbed my camera and dive bag and got there with no fins. Well, I did not really need any fins but his clients were trying out various fins (to purchase) so I got to try them also. It was then that I discovered the Go-Sport was the most bestus flipper ever!!!!!!! :wink:. And that Go-Travels were like the Aeris Travel fins I had, okay but nothing to Go-on about :wink: and were like having noodles on my legs. They are not bad fins for their intended purpose, a non-serious diver who wants to snorkel and scuba some but is more interested in bar time than diving time. Or maybe the cruise ship crowd. On the other hand, did I say it yet, the Go-Sport is the best all around warm water fin ever. Of course that is an opinion and YRMV. I got some, my wife got some, now several of my regular dive crew has them and nobody is complaining.

I would suggest that SP add about 1.0 inches to the XS and S and on the Large and XL to add a bit of stiffness right at the toe area. I did not say they were perfect, I just said they were the best ever!!!
Thank you, I really like my go sports. Just was trying to avoid booties:)

I agree with you 100% on the Go Sport and I thought it is the best fins ever until I got my new Supernovas few weeks ago and I have been diving them exclusively since. They are awesome and better than go sport. I still have to compare them in pool with one on one foot and the other on the other foot.

Have you tried the Supernovas yet?

Size 12E feet. With 2 mm or 3 mm semi-hard sole slip-on booties:

SP Go Travel XXL
Deep6 Eddy Large

Go figure.

The SP Travel were adequate for shore diving in Maui, but started to show limitations in current. Thus got the Eddys for upcoming Cozumel trip. They are well made and not too heavy. Not wet yet though.

Size 12E feet. With 2 mm or 3 mm semi-hard sole slip-on booties:

SP Go Travel XXL
Deep6 Eddy Large

Go figure.

The SP Travel were adequate for shore diving in Maui, but started to show limitations in current. Thus got the Eddys for upcoming Cozumel trip. They are well made and not too heavy. Not wet yet though.

If you ever need a XXXL SP jet fins, I have them brand new with spring straps never used. Ordered by mistake.

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom