Go travel vs sports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brsnow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I own the sports and enjoy them but if I can avoid boots on warm water trips I will. Is the performance similar? Any real difference in power? Appreciate it

I have go travel and wear with neoprene socks if I know I’m boat diving. They are ok, but my boat diving is mostly drift, so not a lot of hard kicking on my part.

I have go travel and wear with neoprene socks if I know I’m boat diving. They are ok, but my boat diving is mostly drift, so not a lot of hard kicking on my part.
Do they do okay against current? The sports are adequate

I love my Go travels and they are fast and powerful when I need it as they suit my style of a smaller faster flutter kick. They are also easy to frog kick in which I do 90% of the time and good "feel" of the blade for back kick.

One possible issue is as the foot size goes down the blade size shrinks even faster. My XL fins are fine, but if you have smaller feet the blades might be too small for you.

I’ve got both, I find the sports to be the more versatile since I do mostly shore diving but I also find the Go to actually perform better, if I was doing boat diving, like a LOB I think I would go for the go.

Thanks, hopefully they are in stock at LDS. I wear a 11.5 so right between sizes:)

I wear size 11 thick sole boots and I use XL Go Sport.

I have go travel and wear with neoprene socks if I know I’m boat diving.

Isn't it uncomfortable to climb boat ladders with just neoprene socks and scuba tank on your back?

I wear size 11 thick sole boots and I use XL Go Sport.

Isn't uncomfortable to climb boat ladders with just neoprene socks and scuba tank on your back?
Not that I noticed. The guides on the boat also were in socks and fins. The ladders were the ones where you kept fins on until you got out.

I tend to get blisters if I don't wear full soles. People look at me funny but I wear 6.5mm full soles in the tropics. Also like more stability getting in and out of the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom