go to Cobalt Coast for first time or LCBR again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bus does/DID pick up at the intersection of Andresen Rd and Birch Tree Hill Rd. and that is the reason we rented a car the next time we stayed at CC. It's not that long of a walk, maybe 10 minutes, but on a hot day and the bus not necessarily being on time, having your own vehicle eliminates waiting around getting hotter (as alluded to by @Damselfish.) You can guess on the time of the bus and may have to wait awhile for it to come by - that and possibly several passengers on the bus are the negative. On the other hand, the bus gets you all the way to the George Town depot and back to West End AND can you can be dropped off and picked up (flag them down) along the route. Be sure to use the link @KathyV shared.

I would say that Andy's car rental (have used a couple of times) is reliable as they have been around for a long time. Our last time in GC we had a flat tire - there was a reason we couldn't change it, which I can't remember - during our 2nd week and although it was later than we would have liked, someone came out to repair it, but as it turned out we swapped cars instead.

There are some little roads that we learned to take from CC that cut a few minutes off the drive when going toward Turtle Reef/Macabuca or Seven Mile Beach.

The link below is to the map and allows you to put in other parts of GC. You probably already know that this map makes it look a little easier that what it is really like!

Although I have some trips/diving to do beforehand, I am looking forward to going back to GC nearer the end of April - staying on the East End.

Map of West Bay Restaurants | Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

map_generate.asp.jpeg

@Scoooter961 if you think that you will only be leaving the resort a couple of times, like for a special dinner or something, then you could arrange for taxi transportation.

Taxis are not cheap but they are easy and reliable. When the driver drops you off you can tell him/her the time/place you want to be picked up and the car will be waiting for you.

I'm a little late with this but I have rarely had a positive taxi experience on GC. I have found them to be quite unreliable. Had a nasty experience last year trying to get to the airport and eventually, the manager of the condo we were at drove us after over an hour and multiple calls to the taxi company after a "confirmed pick up" was a no show.

I don't think the cabs are metered either.

I'm a little late with this but I have rarely had a positive taxi experience on GC. I have found them to be quite unreliable. Had a nasty experience last year trying to get to the airport and eventually, the manager of the condo we were at drove us after over an hour and multiple calls to the taxi company after a "confirmed pick up" was a no show.

I don't think the cabs are metered either.

Sorry to hear that, we usually rent a car and we’ve only had a handful of experiences with drivers but we’ve been lucky so far.

Do you know if they have bikes you can borrow at CC like they do at the other 2 resorts?

Back
Top Bottom