Go Pro in Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

japan-diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Reef Encounters is now offering professional training up throught Instructor Trainer in Okinawa.

We offer the full range of NAUI courses from Scuba Diver to IT (for those qualified). We offer packages including housing for those wishing to work full time on pursuing a career in diving. All courses can be conducted in English, Japanese and German.

We offer a flexible schedule of internship type courses to achieve either DM or Instructor ratings. Instructor training courses can be arranged as internships or as a single ITC or IQP (for qualified candidates). Instructor trainer workshops can also be scheduled on demand for qualified NAUI instructors.

We also offer PADI course up through Dive Master. And coming this spring we will be offering a full range of technical training also.

I have a question about being an instructor in Okinawa. One of my Japanese friends told me that in order to teach diving in Okinawa you have to pass an 'Okinawa Scuba Instructor' test. Does anyone have any details about this? I am thinking about going to Okinawa to teach, but I want to find out more about this new step I might have to take.

Regards,
JD

There is no specific "Okinawa Scuba exam" although to teach scuba/or lead divers anywhere in Japan you are supposed to pass a test on scuba diving from the government called the "sensushi" which allows you to work in scuba and the marine environment. This test is given on a year on Okinawa but most of the instructors here take the test in mainland before arriving. (Oh its only given in Japanese)

Reef Encounters is now offering professional training up throught Instructor Trainer in Okinawa.

We offer the full range of NAUI courses from Scuba Diver to IT (for those qualified). We offer packages including housing for those wishing to work full time on pursuing a career in diving. All courses can be conducted in English, Japanese and German.

We offer a flexible schedule of internship type courses to achieve either DM or Instructor ratings. Instructor training courses can be arranged as internships or as a single ITC or IQP (for qualified candidates). Instructor trainer workshops can also be scheduled on demand for qualified NAUI instructors.

We also offer PADI course up through Dive Master. And coming this spring we will be offering a full range of technical training also.

Isn't Go Pro a PADI Slogan???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom