Go Black?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kahuna J

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm thinking about getting a GoPro. A gal I met at a LDS said stay away from the silver. Feedback or recommendations appreciated. mahalo

i am in the middle of that debate too. black is superior but $100 superior is the question. Associated with that is would I notice the difference? I am a newbie for sure.
Anyway I am interested in all opinions too.

I own a Black and a Silver. They are both good cameras and either will serve you well. From the perspective of someone who does a fair bit of photography/videography, the Black was definitely worth the buy as it has features and functions that you can't get on the Silver that I wanted. That being said, if you don't geek out on video a lot and are just looking to put together some fun videos for family and friends, I'd suggest the Silver. It is a very capable camera and will leave you with some money to spend on filters, lights, mounting options and other accessories. Just my 2 cents.

all gopro's are incredible deals for what you get. I would buy one used off ebay personally, but regardless they're still a great deal. imho, the black is for videophiles, there is nothing consumer grade (and then some) the silver won't do. I would stay away from the white, but the black would be a waste for most of the population.

yes the black is worth the extra 100
Just shoot in 2.7k or 1080 / 60 once and you will never regret the choice
No matter what your level of user is

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Mahalo for the feedback. I went with the black. Seems in the end no matter how well it performed I'd end up with buyers remorse if I went for the Silver.

if you're even thinking about silver, WHY? might as well as get a discounted Hero2........don't get me wrong, the Hero2 or Silver is still a great setup, but.......buy the black, and a Snake River Filter system. Buy it once, buy it right. Guess you have to ask yourself, do you want to be a picture taker, or a photographer?

Last edited:
if you're even thinking about silver, WHY? might as well as get a discounted Hero2........don't get me wrong, the Hero2 or Silver is still a great setup, but.......buy the black, and a Snake River Filter system. Buy it once, buy it right. Guess you have to ask yourself, do you want to be a picture taker, or a photographer?

This.

I considered the silver too. But for a camera that should last at least a couple of years is the $100 savings really worth it? You just get so much more with the black. I finally get to dive with mine 1 week from tomorrow and test out the camera, SRP tray, and SRP filter. I am too cheap for lights lol!

Back
Top Bottom