GLWC Fall Meet-n-Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't really participated in this thread for a while now, I guess thats why I was removed from the food list a while back... But the good news is I still am attending and am very excited for another awesome M&G weekend!!!!

I won't feel like a rookie this year since I can officially say that I've did two great lakes dive trips under the M&G flag this year! My non-diving sister will also once again be joining me this weekend as well.

The bad news though is I will not have the cheesecake this year. I'm not going to have the opportunity to make it home to chicago before the M&G weekend and I will NOT pay retail for something I can get less than half off. So I figure I can do meat chili with all the fixins... Ted can I use your electricity for my crock pot?

I will be arriving on Friday probably around 730.

Looking forward to the weekend and can't wait to see everybody!!!!!!

No cheesecake????!!!!

What's the point in coming then?

Ken

I am looking forward to the event. This time, I have more experience with diving and can really appreciate all that Gilboa has to offer. Well maybe I will remember what I see down there this time, anyway. On the shallow side that is. No deep plan being filed for me that weekend.

From the list of attendees and what they are bringing, we could use hamburgers, hotdogs, buns, ketsup, mustard, mayo etc. Also, a fruit bowl would be good. A few cases of water would not go remiss either.

Hopefully this will give a few folks some ideas of what is needed to round out the dinner table.

Oh yeah, one more question.... Does anybody have a cheap 2nd stage reg they are looking to unload at the M&G? PM Me! I am getting a pony and already have the 1st stage.

i'll fill in what i'm bringing but just wondering if i can find a buddy to file a deep plan with cuz i have a pony bottle now and wouldn't mind trying the deep side, i've done a couple deeper dives this summer so i have a little experience now too so that'll be nice, but i'm really pumped about MnG we'll have to see what shanangans we can get into this time around

Barracuda2- Kielbasa
gtxl1200- Bunkhouse, some eggs and bacon
Randy43068- cook breakfast and bringing coffee, roast, carrots, bowls and spoons
Luckydays- 5 lbs of marinated Chicken and 5 pounds of Potato Salad, if it is cold chicken soup
misstopsail - ??? (i could bring desserts for the weekend? Pasta salad galore)
kt gobucks- Peppers and Smores
MichscubaMike- ????
SeaKalasin- Hot Spiced (possibly spiked) Cider, of course :)
Jchoby- ???
warmwaterwimp- croissants, Canadian Bacon plus some high class munchies for Friday night
Wally- **** ton of hot dogs n buns and home made cookies
acxc- ??
Mitten Diver- Tex Mex Dip, chips, SIR smores, grill, camp chairs, big box of stuff to be updated with counts, GLWC dive flag and pole, possible gear for sale.
kidsdream- Cincinnati Chili w/spaghetti and finely shredded cheddar cheese
diver_paula- Sin (cinnamon & cocoa brownies), Bean & corn salsa / salad, I'll think of something else and Kettle/tri pod if it looks cold outside.
MrSmitty - peanut butter pies

I guess I can grab hamburgers and buns. I've never been to one of these, how much do I need to bring?

I'll assume from the lack of chatter on this thread that everyone is super stoked about the upcoming Meet & Greet?????

Do I need to even say that I'm always stoked for and GLWC Meet & Greet?:D:D

From the list of attendees and what they are bringing, we could use hamburgers, hotdogs, buns, ketsup, mustard, mayo etc. Also, a fruit bowl would be good. A few cases of water would not go remiss either.

Man, luckydays, you are good!!:kiss2: Thanks for becoming my co-host.:D

i'll fill in what i'm bringing but just wondering if i can find a buddy to file a deep plan with cuz i have a pony bottle now and wouldn't mind trying the deep side, i've done a couple deeper dives this summer so i have a little experience now too so that'll be nice, but i'm really pumped about MnG we'll have to see what shanangans we can get into this time around

I'll be glad to go deep with you; maybe we can get a 4-some going.

Well it sounds like I am going to be able to make it this year. Originally I figured it wouldn't happen since the weekend is also the Canadian Thanksgiving but I was just informed that I will be doing part of my DSAT Tech Deep course in Gilboa that weekend. Not sure how much time I will have for diving outside of the course but I'm sure I can stop by for some socializing. My only issue will be what to bring - the last time I tried to bring any food across the border the agents had a bit of issue. So any suggestions what might work? (apparently meat, dairy, veggies and fruit are on the no-no list).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom