GLWC Fall Meet-n-Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Here's the date: October 9 - 11, 2009 This date is solid, so please no debate on changing it. I've reserved our spot with Mike.

This is the same weekend as Gilboa's Haunted Quarry and Pumpkin Carving Contest. The quarry will be all decked out with Halloween attractions---ghosts, goblins, witches, skeletons, etc., and hundreds of glow sticks; and that's just underwater. I talked to Mike and he will reserve the horseshoe for us again and do whatever he can to accommodate us. Those who want to get into the Pumpkin carving, can or not. Diving that weekend will surely be different with the UW Halloween attractions, especially night dives. Costumes for Fri. and or Sat. night campfire are optional. (Maybe we can have our own costume or pumpkin carving contest)

Early Oct. usually still has decent weather for camping, and of course the water is pretty warm for those who want to dive wet.

I do not have any photo contracts for that date; it's on my calendar in bold black letters. I sure hope all of you and more can make this event. Anyone who wants to come is invited; so you lurkers out there who have always wanted to experience a GLWC Meet & Greet, here's your chance--don't be bashful.

I'm not good at paperwork, so if anyone wants to take over the job of a "Who Brings What List", much appreciated. THE SIGNUP BOARD IS NOW OPEN. :D

Great choice of weekends Denny. Sounds like a great time with all the decor at the quarry. I plan on attending as of now.

Sounds like a fun weekend. I've put it on my calendar. I will probably only be able to make part of the weekend. Most likely Fri (all day) and Sat up until late afternoon. I'll need to be back home Sat night.

I am tentative leaning towards being there. That time frame is a little bit away and I need to see what happens over the course of the next few months.

It sounds like a good time.

I'll put in for it at work tonight...

I want to know about camping. is there camping at Gilboa? Or does everyone stay at a hotel? speaking of Gilboa. where the heck is Gilboa? If there is camping is there sites? or do I just make reservations is there any type of hook ups?

Back
Top Bottom