gloves w/ protection from bites??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FijiBound

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know about a pair of gloves that provide protection from creatures with teeth, like a barracuda? I know there are some lobster diving gloves, and they might sound promising. I think, though, that lobster pinches might not be as brutal as barracuda teeth. Also, something I was thinking, I am a cook by trade and we have some metal mesh gloves (chainlink) that we wear for protection from the sharp knives that we use. Anyone ever incoporate this into their gloves? Any suggestions, comments are appreciated.

The Chain glove would provide some protection depending on the spacing of the rings. I perfer the method of keeping my hands out of the mouth of things that bite!:wink:

Don't stick your fingers out near things that are pointy and you'll be fine.

I'm will be doing some biological data collection on the reefs in Fiji, and I will probably be in close contact with things that are pretty darn vicious. Any type of extra protection would be nice. :huh:

have an intern stick there fingers in the mouth with the sharp teeth while the animal is busy take your data. remember you only get 10 shots at this date per. intern

I have some kevlar ones for bug hunting,however I've never been brave(or foolish)enough to try them out on a baracuda. Sorry I know that wasnt any help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom