Glove promo is over/post reviews here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Working for me now, too.

Roy, none of the athletes on your web home page are wearing Darkfin gloves!

Hey, Roy! I`ve got the Gloves! Due to amability of Roy, i`m the 1st tester outside USA. So, here is my review in the swimming pool.

After a warm up lap, i`ve put the gloves on. There`s a bit more material on my palm that i need but i prefer that instead of having a stretched glove on me. So far i had the confort i need underwater not to notice every second i have gloves on.

The speed i`ve had while swimming now and then was increased. I felt like a boost especially when i`ve speed up from time to time. I`ve noticed i can swim better with gloves on AND without kicking. This is a good exercise to increase the productivity of your swimming, muscle building and speed. Swimming with gloves ON and kicking from time to time force your upper body to put more effort into the exercise = good workout. I had no problem underwater to touch, grab, zip/unzip pants, etc. I think this gloves, are really, really good for surfers TOO for swimming with hands while on their knees on the surf paddle!

I had no chance to dive this week but i`ll do it in 10 days for 1 week and i`ll share the gloves with my friends so Roy can have different feedback.

Thanks,
Misa

Last edited:
Thank you for the review Misa! I'm glad you like your Darkfins.

We are almost finished with 3 new women's sizes that should take care of the excess material in the palm. If you know of anyone who would like to be a dealer for Darkfins in your area please have them contact me.

Thanks

Roy

P.S.

Loved your UTube videos!

Hey Roy, thanks for sending the gloves to the Tulsa Aquanauts. I gave the gloves to three different divers. The area water temps at our local lakes have started to drop, but I did have one of our divers try them out and write a review. He is a DM and a very experienced diver. Here is what he had to say about the DARKFIN gloves.
DARKFIN webbed gloves.
From an organizer of the club, I was given a pair of DARKFIN webbed gloves. The catch, I had to write an evaluation. No problem I thought, this isn’t asking much for another free piece of scuba gear. I hate writing!
Please forgive my poor grammar, run on sentences, and general all around lack of skill for writing.
At the time we had a dive planned for the next morning. I decided that this would be a great time to try out the new gloves. We were not planning to go deep, just find the new attraction to the dive area and take some pictures. Basically get wet and burn through a bottle of air.
(The next morning)
Now, just in case my hands were to get chilled I packed my neoprene gloves into the large pocket of my BCD. This was the first issue of concern when I had been presented with the gloves. They are very thin, much like a kitchen dish glove. You know, the kind your mother wore. Please understand that here in Oklahoma we dive fresh water, it can get cold quick. Putting them on took only minor effort. Because of the material used in their manufacturing these gloves did not slide on easily. (Minor hair loss to the backs of my hands) Once in the water I noticed that they did trap water. So far, so good.
The water temperature at depth was a balmy sixty-three degrees and no discomfort. I was more than able in handling my small digital camera while wearing these unique gloves. The webbing never hampered me in the operation of the function buttons either. At this point I am compelled to explain, I will not hesitate to replace a pair of gloves that will not allow me to perform underwater photography. And, the DARKFIN gloves posed no issues.
We located our objective! Investigating the newest oddity to the area, I discovered that a string line had been run to the sunken vessel. Of course, I became entangled in it. At one point I even believed that I would have to remove equipment to free myself. Fortunately this did not become necessary. I was able to remove the tangle from the valve and regulator connection before too long. All the while I was wearing the DARKFIN webbed gloves. These gloves do not impede dexterity!
Having explored the newest attraction our group moved to explore other areas of the site. (Now to see what else I can do with these gloves) At one point, another diver and I tried to capture the image of a residential catfish while under a rock pile. The gloves did not inhibit me from inserting the camera into crevices and operating it. Never did get a good shot, and I can’t blame the gloves…
Deciding to put the camera aside, I began using the DARKFIN gloves as my primary means for thrust. I can’t begin to describe my surprise in their performance. These gloves produced significantly more forward thrust then I was prepared to give them credit for. Not only were they functional in this manner, quickly I realized that they were just as impressive for positioning. For those like myself who are not accustomed to propelling themselves through the water using upper body strength, this becomes tiring in short order.
Throughout the remainder of the dive I continued to play using these new gloves. Finning, Picking up small rocks from the bottom, whatever occurred to me at the time. These gloves performed!
Having said all this and allowing this testimonial to appear as a rave review, I want to point out those issues that left me wanting more. The DARKFIN webbed glove is not a cold water glove, not in its’ current state. Hand signaling with the black on black does not work well in low visibility. Donning and removal will remove wanted and un-wanted hair. Having said this, would I recommend them? Yes I would, but not for cold water diving. Is this a product for the handi capped? Without question. I also see no reason for any diver who wished to wear them not to do so. After all, they are a piece of equipment that could enhance a diving experience when used with a little common sense.
What would I like to see, a bi-colored glove for hand signaling. The gloves proved little hindrance of gesturing. I would also appreciate a neoprene gauntlet version for colder diving. Heck , I would probably by a pair.
All in all, I liked the DARKFIN webbed glove and will definitely use them again in the future.
Thank you for the unique opportunity to test this product and allowing me to ramble.
Christopher Bicket.

Got the chance to use it this weekend. All I can say is they are awesome. Exactly as advertised. The wife love it. It is now part of her snorkeling gear. Mask, Snorkel, Fin and DarkFin.

Can somebody remind me why I would need these for scuba?
It's mentioned someplaces in the 17 pages and on the video. Or were you just trying to start a discussion on the topic?

Incase you get leg cramp while scuba-ing. With these gloves. You will stand a fighting chance of getting where you intended - like back to the boat or to shore.

It all depends on what you do underwater. If you are the type of diver who keeps hands and fingers interlaced, then you probably do not "need" them. However, if like me you spearfish or treasure dive, or generally end up with a big swim either in the beginiing of your dive or the end, you will certainly appreciate them. I am also the type of diver who always uses gloves,( and no I do not touch anything other than what I am supposed to touch, more for protection from any nasties and for me a little thermal as well, I am always the first to get cold, low body fat) so for me these were a no brainer. They do not impede in anyway(other than interlacing your fingers, which admittedly I have not tried), and only show up when you need them, kinda thing. I do not know if you read the entire thread as it is quite long, but it has been covered. To me it is the same as having a knife, pony bottle, spare mask strap, extra spear, back up light or any other "do not always need them until you need them" items. Although this one I can dive with all the time and does not require anything from me other than having hands. I think if you were to try them out, providing of course you are not the fingers interlaced type of diver, you will find them a very nice item to have. I do not have 100's or 1000's of dives like many people do, I just know these are a welcome addition to my dive kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom