Global Entry App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

afdgf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wanted people to be aware that Global Entry now has a new app. It is available for both apple and android. I am not sure how helpful it is going to be, but is something people should at least be award of so they can make their own decision.

Just wanted people to be aware that Global Entry now has a new app. It is available for both apple and android. I am not sure how helpful it is going to be, but is something people should at least be award of so they can make their own decision.
No real use. I travel abroad extensively. Look into the camera and walk thru immigration. Then wait for your bags longer than anyone else.

The new MPC program is NOT the same as Global Entry.

No real use. I travel abroad extensively. Look into the camera and walk thru immigration. Then wait for your bags longer than anyone else.

Amen - we need a companion Global Entry program for our baggage…

Hahaha I fly in and out of the US all the time and uhhhhhh every time I am in any US airport it just reminds me of how horrible the US air travel system is. Last month I landed in Chicago from Istanbul. No joke took me about 2-3min to clear immigration via Global Entry kiosk and 1.5hr later my bags came out. Not even remotely exaggeration 1.5hr waiting for my baggage (and that is flying business class with the little "priority tag" which in the US means nothing)

Oh and don't even get me started on US air carriers custom service... They should really try sending most of them to charm school or do some type cross training with foreign alliance partners to see how paying customers should really be treated.

Hahaha I fly in and out of the US all the time and uhhhhhh every time I am in any US airport it just reminds me of how horrible the US air travel system is. Last month I landed in Chicago from Istanbul. No joke took me about 2-3min to clear immigration via Global Entry kiosk and 1.5hr later my bags came out. Not even remotely exaggeration 1.5hr waiting for my baggage (and that is flying business class with the little "priority tag" which in the US means nothing)

Oh and don't even get me started on US air carriers custom service... They should really try sending most of them to charm school or do some type cross training with foreign alliance partners to see how paying customers should really be treated.
Interesting. My experience has been pretty good in the US, including baggage handling and customer service. 3rd world countries? Not so much.
You sound just a little bit entitled....that never helps with customer service folks, especially in the US.

That is my experience with Newark Liberty airport in NJ for sure - generally awful: we’ve waited hours for bags more than once and they are rarely out in less than 30 minutes. It’s the worst US airport I’ve been through with bags and there is never anyone to help you. We’ve gone through LAX a few times and it’s been good.

I’ve never had a bad experience outside of the US so far. Singapore, Jakarta, Nadi, Tahiti, Grand Cayman, Aruba and others have been great: bags were either already out or came out in minutes.

Interesting. My experience has been pretty good in the US, including baggage handling and customer service. 3rd world countries? Not so much.
You sound just a little bit entitled....that never helps with customer service folks, especially in the US.

Ummmm ok... I would not really call myself entitled. I have spent all of my childhood and majority of my adult life living and working in 3rd world countries. My most recent holiday was last month and I spent 10 days on a remote island with no electricity or aircon, no running water, and a communal toilet out back with just a bucket of water and I loved it. Personally I think most would be to entitled to holiday like this, I would say as a general most Americans would be too entitled to go on holiday with no aircon in the tropics or use a squat toilet with a bucket of water to shower with and eat basic local food 3 meals a day. I have even backpacked through Tanzania, Uganada, Rawanda, Kenya, Namibia, Botswana, Angola, Zimbabwe, Zambia camping the whole way.

I have lost track of how many 3rd world countries I have visited and even on super local discount airlines and like @Joneill I have never had a bad customer service experience outside the US nor have I ever had to wait 1.5hr for my luggage. Not to mention all the other forms of public local transportation I have taken from being on the back scooters, riding the roof of buses, back of trucks, shipping boats, etc. and all were very positive experience with the nicest most helpful people you will ever meet.
Last year I was in Ethiopia and my bag was lost and I thought I was screwed but the airline people bent over backward to help me. They were checking computers, making calls on phones, on radios, talking with multiple people etc. trying to search for it. Later the customer service agent gave me here Whatsapp because she knew I did not have a local phone number and said they contact me when the find it. She kept in contact and found it. I have never had customer service like that in the US. Imagine if you were a foreigner (limited English speaking) in the US and your bag was lost, do you really think there experience would be as good as my experience in Ethiopia??
I have found in 3rd world countries everyone is always willing to help you and the nicest people you will ever meet.

Go fly Singapore Airlines and then fly American Airlines it is like night and day the way the flight attendants and check in agents treat you.

Just to add to the fact that I don't think I am entitled Here is a perfect example also show casing how amazing people in 3rd world counties are. This is where I spent 12hrs on a public ferry from Kendari to Wakatobi, you sit on a mat on the floor, no air con, no one speaks English, but the nicest most friendly people you will ever meet. Boat captain showed me the bridge and around the boat, the boat operators offered me food, etc. just a really great experience

1703040829541.png

Ummmm ok... I would not really call myself entitled. I have spent all of my childhood and majority of my adult life living and working in 3rd world countries. My most recent holiday was last month and I spent 10 days on a remote island with no electricity or aircon, no running water, and a communal toilet out back with just a bucket of water and I loved it. Personally I think most would be to entitled to holiday like this, I would say as a general most Americans would be too entitled to go on holiday with no aircon in the tropics or use a squat toilet with a bucket of water to shower with and eat basic local food 3 meals a day. I have even backpacked through Tanzania, Uganada, Rawanda, Kenya, Namibia, Botswana, Angola, Zimbabwe, Zambia camping the whole way.

I have lost track of how many 3rd world countries I have visited and even on super local discount airlines and like @Joneill I have never had a bad customer service experience outside the US nor have I ever had to wait 1.5hr for my luggage. Not to mention all the other forms of public local transportation I have taken from being on the back scooters, riding the roof of buses, back of trucks, shipping boats, etc. and all were very positive experience with the nicest most helpful people you will ever meet.
Last year I was in Ethiopia and my bag was lost and I thought I was screwed but the airline people bent over backward to help me. They were checking computers, making calls on phones, on radios, talking with multiple people etc. trying to search for it. Later the customer service agent gave me here Whatsapp because she knew I did not have a local phone number and said they contact me when the find it. She kept in contact and found it. I have never had customer service like that in the US. Imagine if you were a foreigner (limited English speaking) in the US and your bag was lost, do you really think there experience would be as good as my experience in Ethiopia??
I have found in 3rd world countries everyone is always willing to help you and the nicest people you will ever meet.

Go fly Singapore Airlines and then fly American Airlines it is like night and day the way the flight attendants and check in agents treat you.

Just to add to the fact that I don't think I am entitled Here is a perfect example also show casing how amazing people in 3rd world counties are. This is where I spent 12hrs on a public ferry from Kendari to Wakatobi, you sit on a mat on the floor, no air con, no one speaks English, but the nicest most friendly people you will ever meet. Boat captain showed me the bridge and around the boat, the boat operators offered me food, etc. just a really great experience

View attachment 816577
I don’t think anyone else here throught you were coming across as entitled at all - you had valid issues with crazy long luggage wait times and lousy customer service at some US airports (as have I).

That’s not to say it sucks everywhere in the US, but I generally get a sense that workers have more pride in doing their job in some of the less developed countries (and also more developed like Singapore) that I’ve visited - even when doing what we might consider more “menial” jobs.

Back
Top Bottom