Apple Watch Ultra to UDDF dive exporter (AWU2UDDF) released on App Store

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrcasC205

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Everybody,

The small app I wrote to export dive log data (depth and water temperature measurements) recorded on an Apple Watch Ultra and stored in Apple's HealthKit framework has now been released on the App Store for free under the GPLv2 open source license. I previously described the app in the thread:

New App to Export Dive Data from the Apple Watch Ultra

The link on the App Store to the app is:

‎AWU2UDDF

I hope this helps other people interested in getting their dive data out of their Apple Watch in an open way.

Cheers,

-Doug

Very handy app! Is the source available? I do some work as an iOS developer, I'd love to be able to contribute to this.

Wonderful! Code looks great; I just submitted two PRs, one with small style tweaks, one to fix an issue I was having with the touch region of the button.

Some other things I was thinking of doing, if you'd be amenable to it were making it possible to export multiple dives at a time, adding the ability to search/filter dives, and re-writing the XML exporting interface to use the XMLDocument family of classes instead of raw string-building (just because I'm a little weird about things like that :p)

I'd be open to any of those enhancements. I'm kind of swamped this week, but I'll take a look at your PRs and merge them as soon as I can.

Anyone hear news about developer access to AWU diving APIs? Nothing related to iOS 17 or watchOS 10?

Public beta 2 came out yesterday & I’m thinking about making the leap…

I apologize for the storm of PRs I've submitted to the repo 😅 I've been having a lot of fun on this! (This is also the first fully SwiftUI app I've worked on; all my other projects have been old UIKit (some even in Objective-C!), only using SwiftUI for widgets & watch stuff).

I've tried to keep the PRs independent so you can pick & choose which ones you like, but I'm pretty sure that will result in some conflicts if you merge all of them. If you do decide to merge in multiple, I can fix the conflicts in the later PRs as needed, or combine them all into one big PR; whatever you prefer.

Thanks for all the work you have been putting in. I apologize for not having time to review and hopefully merge them, but hopefully I will this weekend after our houseguests leave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom